Molly Malone: Bath v Leinster ECC
Posted by: Comeonmylovers.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2018 16:02

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2018 09:22 by P G Tips.

Re: Molly Malone: Bath v Leinster ECC
Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2018 17:03

Come on you Bath indeed!

Do other 'ere'ites recall a fixture against Leinster say 12 years ago? Leinster came with all of their Irish internationals, BOD was playing.......as was Molly Malone at fly half for Bath.

Bath had their usual single position injury crisis and Dave Ward, many years now of Quins was in our Academy and was drafted in to play hooker having been a flanker up to then in his career.

First few minutes we are on our line with a throw-in and Borthwick, remember him, calls it long (?????) for Ward's first t hrow in and of course we miss and Leinster pick it up at the back and flop over for their easiest try that season.

In my rose tinted memory I thought we somehow got in the lead......and then in the last say 10 minutes Molly Malone was charged down......he was so slow it did happen rather a lot, and Leinster scored and then converted to win.

Their spectators could not believe how we threw the game away and of course said we should have won it.......which is easy and lovely to say when you have!!

Is this all correct or have I just made it up?

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 07:34

Probably correct BSJ, it does ring a bell. The thing is it is difficult to decide if it was 12 years ago or 12 days ago!

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Posted by: WestonLurker (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 08:10

Looks like Mrs Kearney could be Leinster's most valuable player.

Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 11:21

Thought it was the other way round. Lipman played on the wing and Ward on the flank.

Posted by: Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 11:58

I remember a scoreline of 23 - 35, i wonder what this time around ? (Sm128)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty

Date: 05 December, 2018 15:53

Mmmmh I think we may have been winning 23 - 21 and they scored two converted tries in the last few minutes so they won and even took the losing bonus point away.

I wish someone on 'ere could remember!

Date: 05 December, 2018 17:00

Of course we could always look it up!

Bath 23 - 35 Leinster

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 17:53

Good luck Bath.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 19:01

This is more like it (ahem)

[www.bathrugby.com]

And some bloke called Sexton sneaked if for them through 6 kicks here.

[www.theguardian.com]

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 19:02 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 19:59

No Shipmates that's not the game we are talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 20:00 by Trawling.

Date: 05 December, 2018 20:06

Which one mine of Matts?

Date: 05 December, 2018 20:16

Bath 23 - 27 Leinster Jan 2005

OK I get it Dave wWard wasn't playing in my first pick. I think it's the one above.

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 13:12

An Irish pal of mine kindly [?] shared this perspective with me earlier today; Irish Independent article

He also pointed me to the Neil Francis article - How many English clubs would be confident...

As a Bath fan I am not looking forward to this weekend, as an England fan I am looking forward to the first weekend of the 6N...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Posted by: Omba (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 13:20

BOD in Jan 2006, 23-35, was the best individual performance I have seen at the Rec

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 13:38

Of the recent ones, Alex Goode playing stand-in 10 for Sarries did a pretty good job a few years ago at the Rec. Kurtley Beale for Wasps wasn't too shabby either a couple of years ago although we did insist on kicking it straight to him. All the time.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Posted by: Ade1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 19:02

I remember Dave Ward being drafted in to play hooker for the first time against Shane Berne(?) then Irish encumbant and giving him the right run around.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 09:16

I am going to pin my hopes on us improving dramatically by having opponents who will inspire us to play a more fluid game as opposed to playing against fellow strugglers in the league who are also afraid to lose.

Clutching at straws maybe, perhaps one of those days where the performance is more important than the result. It's a cup game, throw off the shackles and go for it.

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 11:21

My only hope from these two games is that our players will see first hand how the game is supposed to be played.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

Date: 07 December, 2018 14:24

That was the one.......it was as I remember it.

Dear Old Chris Malone, lovely bloke but very average player.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net