Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Morale Boost? Bath v Wasps -TEAM UP!
Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 12:32

Robson, Launchbury & Hughes have missed quite a bit of rugby, so it's perfect opportunity for them.

Posted by: fat lock (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 12:36

Wasps are desperate for some form to try and stop their slide down the table. They need to build on their Saints win.
I think it's momentum for them. High risk - if our rotated squad beat them, then they could lose any feel good feeling after Saints

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 12:37

No’s. 1,3,10,13,14 & 15 have not really distinguished themselves for us this season, in some cases due to injury, so we need more impressive performances from those players in particular to make a game of it. Not many weaknesses in the Wasps lineup despite their unimpressive season to date & some quality returners.

Posted by: Beergoggles (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 13:04

Decent enough side for a dead rubber.

Out of interest why have we started converting these one off match related threads into Stickies? I'm not a fan of stickies but I see the benefit for information that you might want to routinely return through during the season (i.e injuries list). Match threads should surely just come .. and then go ....

Posted by: sid the seagull (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 13:11

Charidee

HOP

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 13:38

Bath don't play well under pressure, but as this is a totally meaningless game I expect the team to perform well. Still don't expect to win though.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Posted by: TG Kesmo (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 13:50

Don’t understand Atkins at 15 and Homer at 14 would prefer the other way round. Homer gives more in attack from fullback

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 14:15

Not a fan of stickied threads, I actually miss them more than I do normal ones.

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 14:32

I'm surprised Wasps are playing such a full strength team. Lose any to injury or 6N over the next 2/3 and they could be going into crunch Premiership time under baked?

Date: 11 January, 2019 15:10

Quote:
ballsout

Ahem ... note to eds.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 15:18

Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
ballsout

Ahem ... note to eds.

Being done for financial reasons, we will soon get used to it.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 15:28

It’s certainly a massive hassle to have to raise your eyeballs 3 degrees to the stickied post 3 up. Personally I like to raise my chin slightly.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 15:29

I have no problem with it at all and if its raising money for charity and keeping the site going and giving PG more motivation to write his brilliant previews then it can only be a massive bonus. What's not to like?

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 15:50

There's no problem with putting the team in this thread, and no one even suggested there was one. I said I often miss sticky threads because my eyes have been trained to ignore them.

It isn't a case of it being a "hassle to raise my eyeballs 3 degrees up", just that I often miss the threads.

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 16:12

Cue Match thread be made a sticky when we lose! winking smiley

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Date: 11 January, 2019 16:35

... and maybe when we win. And, draw ... ?

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 16:38

...not so many repetitive posts when we win! Good point on a draw!!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 16:40

Oddschecker betting site has Bath by a whisker, I posted a similar phrase last week...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 16:47

I know that we shouldn’t say it as they are all professionals etc. But I suspect that it will come down to pressure off vs ‘who wants it more’. Would be nice if they both just chucked it around like a baa-baas game to entertain the crowd, but I very much doubt it.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Posted by: Susanne (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 17:33

Do we know what w who we have as ref?

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net