Obano, Garvey - season over

Not available for this w/e:

Charlie Ewels
McConnochie
Nathan Catt

Re: Injury Updates 9th Jan
Posted by: johnnyf (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 15:50

Doesn't sound a lot of missing players but that is a virtual 1st choice scrum selection out.

Posted by: Rokoholic (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:02

Need to use the next 5 weeks to recuperate, rotate the squad and try at all costs to avoid any further injuries.

Posted by: sid the seagull (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 20:46

JonnyF: Talupe, Dunn, Atters, Elliot S, Henry T and Francois would probably disagree with you. Also moi.

FLAP

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 21:01

You think that all of those should play in Euro dead rubbers and the little cup? TF will want to get back up to speed and into the welsh side I would guess.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Posted by: JFPC (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 07:51

Apologies, that's what an unattended child can do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 08:12 by JFPC.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 07:56

Quote:
BathMatt53
You think that all of those should play in Euro dead rubbers and the little cup? TF will want to get back up to speed and into the welsh side I would guess.

So we get TF fit for Wales in meaningless games so he can miss our vital PL games. Marvellous.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Date: 10 January, 2019 08:20

Unfortunately thatís what you sign up for when you employ seasoned internationals OB - you knew this already. It happens every year to every club (Ben Tíeo is the obvious example). If you are lucky and a player is unlucky, you get an out of favour international quality player - like Cips or Armand - and then you have the best of both worlds!

Date: 11 January, 2019 11:33

Bum. Much worse than reported in the chron.

[www.bathrugby.com]

- Sam Underhill has had surgery on his ankle and is expected to be out of action for up to three months.

- Tom Ellis sustained ligament damage to his elbow against Worcester Warriors and will miss the next six to eight weeks as he undergoes rehabilitation.

So notwithstanding the pain etc. the dodgy hit by the Worcs player on Ellis has cost him any 6N involvement that he may have had as well as with Bath for the next 8 weeks or so. Nice one.

Posted by: Rokoholic (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 11:54

Ban Fatialofa until Ellis comes back. Total cheap shot that was meant to cause him harm.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 12:31

This seems to be the year of 'quality' not 'quantity' on the injury front.

Faletau, Joseph, Watson, Obano, Underhill - long-term injuries to our best players.

Posted by: dannyf2 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 12:41

Oh great

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 12:43

Quote:
BathMatt53
So notwithstanding the pain etc. the dodgy hit by the Worcs player on Ellis has cost him any 6N involvement that he may have had as well as with Bath for the next 8 weeks or so. Nice one.

Has he not been sited? I fear that those injuries together with the loss against Worcester (caused by Brew being unfairly penalised) will now take away any hope of a rewarding end to the season. With those players away we are looking a fairly mediocre side at present in terms of quality.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 13:18

A back row of Faletau, Mercer, Louw looks decent enough. But Garvey, Ellis, Underhill is tidy too.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 14:05

But doesn't leave much room for further injuries though. I get the impression that the injuries we get seem to be more seious and take longer to heal....attrition issue again?

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Posted by: The Bear (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 14:12

Quote:
Rokoholic
Ban Fatialofa until Ellis comes back. Total cheap shot that was meant to cause him harm.

Is there any video of this incident?. Unfortunately I missed it.

But yeah, real.blow. Probably our two form back-rowers, especially Ellis. Bad news for Underhill's world cup prospects too, as he was making 7 his own.

Adopted Player:
[18] - Taulupe Faletau

Posted by: FourSticks (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 14:12

I thought Joe Coka the Singer was also injured.

Date: 11 January, 2019 14:20

Quote:
The Bear
Quote:
Rokoholic

Is there any video of this incident?. Unfortunately I missed it.

But yeah, real.blow. Probably our two form back-rowers, especially Ellis. Bad news for Underhill's world cup prospects too, as he was making 7 his own.

Yes premiership rugby full match video about 18mins into the match.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 14:57

Quote:
FourSticks
I thought Joe Coka the Singer was also injured.

Very good FS, damaged crochet in his knee.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net