12 Bath Players' Future?
Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 13:11

[www.somersetlive.co.uk] still to be confirmed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2019 13:12 by Mike the Taxi.

Re: 12 Bath Players' Future?
Posted by: johnnyf (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 20:28

Thanks MtheT.
That is exactly what was exercising my mind.
It's one heck of a dilemma for the club to resolve but I suppose that's what running a premiership club is about.

Posted by: Sir Redneck (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2019 08:56

So, in an ideal world, who is MUST keep from that list?

Max Clark for me, the others not so much (assuming we have adequate cover)

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2019 09:19

I don’t think that any are a must unless we have no more replacements - for example at hooker. Agree that a few, like Clark, would be worth giving more of a chance with Dr Roberts getting another year older and JJ involved with England.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 09:02

We need to avoid Max Clark becoming another Ollie Devoto: Just when we need him, moving elsewhere because he wasn't getting any starts.

Of the rest, in the absence of further recruitment, I'd like to keep Priestland, Batty, Vuna and Lahiff.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/03/2019 09:05 by jayeatman.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 09:28

I'm not sure Blackadder is very forgiving of lapses of concentration/discipline. Batty might just get another contract, but i'd be amazed if Lahiff does.

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 10:48

The problem with lapses of concentration is when it reaches the serial level and the view is that it is no longer remedial or the player value is not sufficiently high. Batty could well be in the first box and Lahiff in the second.

The question then is to what extent they fall into the other of their respective boxes

ie is Batty's player value sufficiently high to merit further work [probably very doubtful] and was Lahiff's lapse of focus easily remedied, hmm?

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 10:52

Batty has a pretty good disciplinary record, and he's served the Club pretty well in general. If he goes, then we're looking for a 3rd choice hooker - maybe better the devil we know for that position? Not sure Lahiff has got sufficient - or really any - credit in the bank, and there are a couple of Academy guys who might benefit from being one less place down the pecking order.

Date: 18 March, 2019 11:00

Actually you're right Opti, value as a third choice hooker is relatively high and until the Wuss fiasco his overall record for a front rower was very good

Posted by: Beergoggles (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 11:20

Quote:
Optimist
I'm not sure Blackadder is very forgiving of lapses of concentration/discipline. Batty might just get another contract, but i'd be amazed if Lahiff does.

If that were the case we'd be looking for 30+ replacements this off season.

I'd keep Batty and Perenise but not Clark as he doesn't seem to be able to stay fit for more than 5 minutes.

Posted by: charlieboa (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 18:42

Nobody on that list i would be overly concerned about retaining.

Jvr replaced by boyce.

Lahiff and perenise have been replaced by stuart and judge.

I think batty may well get retained unless a cheaper 3rd choice with more potential is out there. Mmv will go.

Charteris replaced by mcnally/williams.

Grant will effectively be replaced by reid.

Kahn replaced by ollie fox.

Rather see de glanville and ojomoh get a go in the centre than clark to be honest but depends on cap available and how elseit could be used.

Vuna and wilson are probably surplus to requirements with so many back three options and hamer-webb coming into the academy as a fringe option.

And none of us have a clue what is happening at 10 still i assume!?

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 19 March, 2019 08:06

Just remember the try.

Off the line out from Batty to Ruaridh Mc.

Chase Ruaridh down the field and in position to take the pop up pass and score.

Worth forgiving his yellow card transgression just for that.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 March, 2019 08:18

The Batty yellow was just a brain fart and according to BT sport his first ever. That wouldn’t be the reason why he wouldn’t get a contract IMO, would be other younger and less injury prone options. Has been a really good player for Bath mind you and I’m a big fan, but he will be 33 shortly into new season. Tough call either way.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 19 March, 2019 20:35

Batty's at last near full fitness again.

I don't see much to chose between him, Dunn and Walker.

Date: 20 March, 2019 07:06

A fully fit Dunn is way ahead of a fully fit Batty in the pecking order and Walker not only offers more around the pitch but also has a lot of promise to fulfill - Batty is coming towards the twilight of his playing days. Though on balance I would keep him as 3rd choice

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2019 07:42

Batty's yellow was his first ever, but it came shortly on the heels of the red against Worcester.

As 3rd choice hooker he's pretty good in general though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net