Current Page: 1 of 2
Big Cup Final
Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 18:58

Congrats Sarries. Huge intensity from both sides.
7th now gets big cup spot?

Re: Big Cup Final
Posted by: bathstigg (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 19:00

Yeah maybe a safety net for us but may still need to get something from the Leicester match.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 19:23

Have to say we have to learn the loiter offside trick by Sarries, works a treat!

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Posted by: sid the seagull (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 19:28

Hasn’t it got something to do with La Rochelle as well?

HOP

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 19:31

Great win for Sarries, very impressive defensive display and the pressure they put on Leinster prevented the Irish from playing their normal game.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 19:31

I really hope we don't sneak into the big boys cup in the last round, again, especially next year when we really don't need it.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 19:50

Quote:
ballsout
I really hope we don't sneak into the big boys cup in the last round, again, especially next year when we really don't need it.

Oh come on BO we would have nothing to ridicule then! Thing is Champions cup performances and GP performances are often very different, plus Freddie will put the ball down next time, he cant make the same mistake twice...can he?

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Posted by: ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 20:04

Quote:
shipwrecked
Have to say we have to learn the loiter offside trick by Sarries, works a treat!

Also need to drill on the smashing in off your feet into the ruck technique.

J

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 21:20

Oh come on Sarries were immense. The performances from Vunipola, Spencer and Lozowski especially were way above GP level. And to come back from behind against champions was extraordinary

Maybe they have unfair ways of getting round the cap, who knows. Maybe they play at the margin and beyond of what should be allowed.

But none of that should detract from individual and collective performances that were something else

High bar but Bath and Bruce if you really aspire to that level then massive step up in many areas needed

For time being I doff my cap in respect

Posted by: johnnyf (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 21:31

Totally different game to the lesser cup last night - in fact you could be forgiven for thinking they were 2 different sports.

Take your pick - today real heavyweights knocking lumps off each other and yesterday the French doing everthing to avoid it and offload at every oportunity.

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 21:41

Try saving tackle, then turnover the ball by Liam Williams was immense.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 22:11

Quote:
johnnyf
yesterday the French doing everthing to avoid it and offload at every oportunity.

Ironically, the complete opposite of the Top 14 and Pro D2

Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 02:36

Wow! That was a magnificent game of rugby from Sarries. Vincent Koch had a game for the ages. Chapeau.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 07:48

Agree Joetf. I thought Koch was immense as was Kruis. When Sarries get all their stars playing together as a team, they are truly inspirational and certainly know how to win things.

Mind you they have a full set of long serving coaches who have delivered for a few seasons now. That's a good start and remind me what Bath have/will have next season: two proper ones, two apprentices and a guy in charge who is learning on the job!

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

Posted by: southgate (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 07:56

Enjoyed the game ,best team in the prem and Europe

Posted by: DownSouth (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 08:02

Quote:
joethefanatic
Wow! That was a magnificent game of rugby from Sarries. Vincent Koch had a game for the ages. Chapeau.

Joe - did you watch it on RugbyPass with the Irish commentators? They were seriously putting the boot into Sarries.

“They’re what’s known as a ‘bought club’ and that doesn’t deserve much respect at all”

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 08:42

Quote:
DownSouth
Quote:
joethefanatic

Joe - did you watch it on RugbyPass with the Irish commentators? They were seriously putting the boot into Sarries.

“They’re what’s known as a ‘bought club’ and that doesn’t deserve much respect at all”

Maybe true but they were playing essentially Ireland RFC with a couple of down unders thrown in

Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 08:58

Quote:
DownSouth
Quote:
joethefanatic

I watched on NBCs rugby pass but my game commentary was the BT one of Ali Aykin, Ben Kay and BOD. They were reasonably balanced throughout. BOD even managed to compliment Sarries once or twice!

Presumably the "bought club" comment means that Leinster generate all their own funds and receive no money or preferential treatment from the IRFU. Oh, hold on....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2019 09:40 by joethefanatic.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 08:59

It was a good day out (as was the final on Friday). Not the most exciting rugby for the neutral (a good old fashioned arm wrestle) but a good atmosphere and stadium. The Leinster fans partied hard most of the night around the Toon, despite the loss.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 09:21

I wonder how many international sides would beat a Sarries side playing like that.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net