Ugo Ehiogu
Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 10:45

I know O/T but not in sporting terms.I'm the grand old age of 36 so I was lucky enough to see him play throughout his career notably for Villa.So sad he is gone at such a young age,he was a Premier League legend who perhaps didn't fullfill his international aspirations.I am a Forest fan so I know a thing or two about local derbies but I hope the Villa v Birmingham City match passes by without problems.R.I.P Ugo.Thoughts with your family and friends.

Re: Ugo Ehiogu
Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 11:47

Sad news

Posted by: Tony_At_Wuss (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 20:19

I had the pleasure of being his bank manager for a while in the nineties. Very nice man. RIP Ugo.

Déjà vu? I’ve seen it all before!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 20:38

Another F/ACIB? Well, well.

Grandson is doing a football coaching course at his college at the moment and only this week he was telling me about what he was currently learning.

Amongst all the stuff about skills and tactics they have to learn first aid which includes how to use a defibrillator.

Pertinent and poignant.

Posted by: Eco Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2017 07:16

Sorry to be not up to speed but what's "F/ACIB"?

Posted by: FlipFlop (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2017 09:05

Fellow or Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers if I'm not mistaken.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2017 09:05

Eco, a song by Dubby (apparently) and an acronym for a banking qualification,at a guess.

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2017 10:36

TT : You guess correctly.

Let's recycle an old joke - although very pertinent at the time. Who is the odd one out here: the four heads of the big banks and Terry Wogan? The answer is of course Wogan. He was the only one of the five who held a banking qualification. He held the Irish equivalent to the ACIB.

Mind you, now long retired, I understand that the ACIB is no more. All those hours at the VI at the time of the Beatles et al now redundant! O brave new world!

Posted by: Abberley (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2017 12:51

Quote:
TeflonTed
...and an acronym for a banking qualification..

@TT, an initialism rather than an acronym?

(There has been a distinct lack of pedantry on this forum lately sad smiley )

Posted by: Tony_At_Wuss (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2017 13:35

Yes I was an ACIB until I retired and decided to save my annual subscription! (Sm91)

Déjà vu? I’ve seen it all before!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Eco Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2017 18:26

Thanks folks. I mistakenly thought A38's comment referred to UE's fatal condition rather than Tony's previous profession.
Crystal clear now!

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2017 01:02

Quote:
Abberley
Quote:
TeflonTed
...and an acronym for a banking qualification..

@TT, an initialism rather than an acronym?

(There has been a distinct lack of pedantry on this forum lately sad smiley )
Pedantry is a key ingredient that keeps this forum going!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net