WCFC looking at t'other side of Sixways roundabout
Posted by: FlipFlop (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:46

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Cash injection from Worcester City Council proposed too.

Just across the road from Sixways, and across the road from when GTech planned to build their development site.

Re: WCFC looking at t'other side of Sixways roundabout
Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 17:10

Utter madness to have two stadiums so close together. What about when matchdays clash? Will be chaos, I suspect the planners will give it the thumbs up on that basis.

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 17:39

Finding it difficult to see how their average attendances will cause utter chaos. They are averaging just 3-400 this season in the league. Ok, that would rise but not significantly. Nevertheless, there is a grant total of 0 clashes this side of christmas because of our club not putting our games on Saturday, so i expect it won't be a common occurance.

More to the point it is an absolutely terrible location for a sports ground. How it is considered that this 'community facility' will better serve the community next to J6 rather than perdiswell is beyond me.

Posted by: Simba (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 17:44

I expect no councillors live on the vicinity.

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 17:59

...or voters.

Posted by: Reggie's Ghost (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 18:00

We council tax payers will be overjoyed to pay more for a private facility used exclusively by WCFC to entertain a few hundred fans.

It won't happen IMO.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 20:01

What they really need is a stadium closer to the city centre. Just off Barbourne Road would be perfect.

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 08:19

I hear there's some houses on St Georges lane they could knock down to build a new stadium...... ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net