Schonert
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:54

Out for a considerable time, ruptured both ankle ligaments badly

Re: Schonert
Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:58

Was it the same injury that Le Roux had?

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 17:51

I get the impression that this is not the sort of injury that a prop forward would want. We need to recruit IMHO.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 18:58

I think we need to get some injury cover as I'm guessing it'll be over 12 weeks. However, as we don't spend anywhere near the cap (obviously) I doubt we need to make an application. There must be some good southern hemisphere guys who aren't involved in the championship. Probably need a full XV to come in at this rate.

Posted by: BrumBrum (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 20:18

When does Southern Hemispheres season finish?

There was a rumour we had our eye on a flyhalf down that way.
Maybe we need to add a prop as well to the shopping list.

Posted by: Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 20:40

All the best to Nick and wishing him a speedy recovery.

It's never nice to see someone stretchered off and especially a player who has been integral to the team.

Hope the pitch is not contributing to these injuries - but often these things are 'rugby incidents' and just unfortunate for the player concerned.

Posted by: Drahm for England (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 10:02

Wonder if he'll be able to keep his upper body in shape while the injury heals?

Posted by: warriorgibbo (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 10:25

Gutted for the big man, massive year for him ..........

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 10:56

Quote:
Fiver
I think we need to get some injury cover as I'm guessing it'll be over 12 weeks. However, as we don't spend anywhere near the cap (obviously) I doubt we need to make an application. There must be some good southern hemisphere guys who aren't involved in the championship. Probably need a full XV to come in at this rate.

There is an element of the salary cap, numbering several hundred thousand pounds, that is specifically for injury cover. It can't be used for anything else so it would make sense to make full use of it. You then keep whatever space you have got under the main cap for any later season longer term signings.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net