Saturday afternoon fixtures
Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 21:31

Where are they?

One home Saturday afternoon Premiership fixture in 4 months. And the game at that (saints) is an early KO.

This is also quite a risk / change in strategy.

Not happy.

Re: Saturday afternoon fixtures
Posted by: Turv32 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 21:36

I have emailed the club to show my displeasure.
I know some like Fridays, but to go Friday centric is barmy.
This has caused the loss of season ticket holders for sure and a loss in revenue.

Will they listen if enough complain they will have to, but it may be too late by then

Posted by: p1umb (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 22:23

it is allready too late.

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 23:39

Judging by the post-match surveys Gus likes feedback, so everyone who is unhappy with the change should let him know. I'm sure he will respond.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Posted by: knightstemplar (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 06:36

I wish this strategy was announced before season tickets were on sale. Poor form this there was no information aboit this .....

I understand some prefer Fridays and some prefer Saturdays for various personal reasons and circumstahave. I t is more than equitable to have a balance of the two.

The Club have made a poor decison with the amount of people Ive heard say they wont or cant go to all these Fridays

Posted by: vigorniensis (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 09:33

Since it looks as though we are almost certainly destined for Championship rugby, it's probably worth noting that the ruling body have done the same with Friday/Saturday/Sunday fixtures in the Championship as for the Premiership. This cannot be blamed on television so who's idea was it to shift matches from the traditional Saturday afternoons? One of the main points of Saturday matches being that it allows more people to attend so who decided this major consideration was expendable? More fool the clubs for going along with it!

[As I recall it started with the likes of Sale not owning their own pitch and electing to play on Friday nights which meant almost no away supporters or delaying the start to allow supporters to get off the motorway. This point alone should have made the ruling body aware that Fridays are totally unacceptable. At least Wasps would schedule their matches on a Sunday when Wycombe were playing on a Saturday (as did London Irish at Reading - not perfect but better than Fridays.) One can only assume that Falcons who used to play their home matches mainly on Sundays have resorted to Fridays - is this to gain some sort of cynical supporter advantage?

Supporters who are prepared to drive miles to watch their team are made to suffer for the benefit of TV couch potatoes - not very fair is it!]

Date: 16 September, 2017 09:45

Last night I felt the atmosphere was very flat.
Quiet walking to sixways etc.
The reason Fridays were chosen are Two fold firstly to try and cause disruption to away team / supporters, and second an increase in beer sales.
But as we saw last night neither of these happened. As the gate was fairly small not much more than 7.5k at a guess and we got well and truly stuffed.

Date: 16 September, 2017 09:45

Last night I felt the atmosphere was very flat.
Quiet walking to sixways etc.
The reason Fridays were chosen are Two fold firstly to try and cause disruption to away team / supporters, and second an increase in beer sales.
But as we saw last night neither of these happened. As the gate was fairly small not much more than 7.5k at a guess and we got well and truly stuffed.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 09:56

I doubt we had 5k5 last night

JP

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 10:05

Attendance bang on 7k

Date: 16 September, 2017 11:23

I said 7.5 so not too far off.
Really with the champs in town that should be 10k plus.
Why so low, lack of traveling fan's who could not make the journey. Home fans not able to make it as a Friday, and folks not bothered would also be a big reason.

Posted by: Abberley (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 21:21

Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Attendance bang on 7k

That was quoted as 'Tickets Sold'.

Judging by the empty ST seats around us on the night, I suspect JP's 5.5k is nearer the mark for bums-on-seats?

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 21:52

That wasn't less than half full. Surely closer to 7. Either way, pretty poor.

Posted by: FlipFlop (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 22:20

Perhaps they're trying not to clash with WCFC fixtures to help their crowds! After all, might be neighbours if the Council give the go ahead to Parsonage Way proposal and a 100k 'contribution'.

Posted by: The Pen is Mightier than the Sword (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2017 16:25

It did occur to me to wonder whether some Friday nights fixtures have been arranged to free the Stadium for hire for other events on Saturdays.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net