Current Page: 1 of 5
DOR news
Posted by: Refuse to lose (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 11:07

Anyone heard of any applicants, i know it is early days

Re: DOR news
Posted by: Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 11:37

I hear Cardiff's Danny Wilson is looking for a job. I understand he's got quite used to working with no money and minimal recruitment coaching a bottom of the pile club.
Could be a good fit perhaps ? eye rolling smiley

Date: 04 October, 2017 11:49

I can also report seeing someone who looked remarkably like Mark Anscombe in Waitrose this morning but "keep that one under your hat" RTL as I'm trying to lose my "Rumour monger" tag (Sm14)

Posted by: KenDoddsDadsDogsDead (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 12:01

Quote:
Southstand(again)
I can also report seeing someone who looked remarkably like Mark Anscombe in Waitrose this morning

Sorry, but that's nonsense. No way do you shop at Waitrose.

Posted by: FlipFlop (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 12:25

No news other than Bolsover apparently stating in the WEN on the day after GG annoucement, that they already had a couple of applicants. Presumably this means they knew well before us that GG had other plans, as i still don't accept that we are a top player or DoR magnet at present, so to have 2 applicants did seem, unusual.

Any chance of persuading Ben Ryan to give us a go? Lancaster might be a long short, Mike Ford may be looking. Look. it's all guesswork, and i'm not suggesting i like the above. Neale Harvey on the other thread seem to suggest some guy from Kobe Steelers.

Date: 04 October, 2017 12:37

Quote:
KenDoddsDadsDogsDead
Quote:
Southstand(again)
I can also report seeing someone who looked remarkably like Mark Anscombe in Waitrose this morning

Sorry, but that's nonsense. No way do you shop at Waitrose.

I moved away from shopping at Tesco because of the £3.4 million they "appropriated" in their carrier bag scandal. I've now developed a taste for free coffee and fresh sushi.

As I mentioned before, I wish to lose my "Rumour monger" tag so I'm not even going to mention who I saw in the vegetarian section. (Sm163)

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 12:38

For an ambitious, young coach it could well be the opportunity to make a name.

The attraction might be just the reverse of taking on a top club complete with top players and plenty of money.

A career could be built on taking on a mediocre team like Worcester, getting the most out of the players and resources and making a success of it.

Success at Worcester would be measured by mid table security: for somebody taking on a top club that would be failure.

Posted by: FlipFlop (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 13:17

To be fair A38, the attraction you refer to is the same one that enticed many a supposed 'top drawer' candidate through our door, only to see them crash and burn, during their tenure. That element of the collateral damage may be a deterent for some, as may be the regularity of departures at Sixways on the coaching or DoR front.

Putting us as mediocre is polite. I'd say from where we are currently the only way to move would be upwards, but of course, the spectre of relegation means that the chance of moving downwards is also possible.

I don't have a problem with some bright thing coming in to the role, or someone experienced. Just want the team to to be galvanised enough to have a full season of performances, and not just from Jan or February each year.

Posted by: Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 13:41

As I've said on another thread nobody with any credibility or pedegree will come given they have no idea what the club will look like under whoever the new owners are. Someone with a point to prove who likes bringing through the youngsters might take a punt.

Posted by: Teme Dream (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 13:56

There are 13 or 14 clubs capable of playing in perhaps the best league in world rugby. We are one of them. I don't think we will struggle for applicants.

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 13:58

Quote:
FlipFlop
Neale Harvey on the other thread seem to suggest some guy from Kobe Steelers.

The guy from Kobe Steelers is Jim McKay who, you may recall, worked as a consultant with us last year.

Did wonders when he was at Queensland Reds and one of the best attacking units out. Hearing all sorts of names at the moment, but none with any substance. All speculation.

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 15:15

Quote:
usa warrior
Hearing all sorts of names at the moment, but none with any substance. All speculation.

In fairness I would expect nothing else at this stage, the news only broke at the start of the week I imagine the club has barely given it much thought yet.

Date: 04 October, 2017 15:42

Expect they’re further into it than you think, but nothing certain. GG will have made some suggestions as well as applicants.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 15:43

Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Quote:
usa warrior
Hearing all sorts of names at the moment, but none with any substance. All speculation.

In fairness I would expect nothing else at this stage, the news only broke at the start of the week I imagine the club has barely given it much thought yet.

I would hope they'd thought of not much else.

Date: 04 October, 2017 15:45

Another major issue is that I expect that much of the players/coaches thoughts are on this topic as well. A fast resolution might be best from a playing perspective.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 15:51

Quote:
usa warrior
Another major issue is that I expect that much of the players/coaches thoughts are on this topic as well. A fast resolution might be best from a playing perspective.

For sure, nothing unsettles like uncertainty,

Posted by: Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 16:24

I would imagine they will name a replacement fairly soon. Paramount if they intend to bring some direction/stability to the club not to mention essential in their efforts to retain/recruit players.

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 16:33

I hope we don't jump in with the first idea that comes to our heads. Let's take our time, meet plenty of potential candidates and then have someone sorted around Xmas time. The job at Worcester remains an attractive one so we should have plenty of candidates from around the globe.

Posted by: Warriors23 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 17:37

They won't announce a new DOR until after the announcement of the new owner/investors!

Date: 04 October, 2017 18:04

I get your logic, but already stated that the current owners will making the appointment.

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net