Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: DOR news
Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 22:05

Quote:
FlipFlop
Is Alex still at Sarries. Saw him going be a chat pre Sarries game some years ago discussing their community coaching and network. Smart chap. If heís still there, no doubt happy enough.

He's still there, and is usually the go-to man for mid-game comments on BTS.

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 21:59

Interesting analysis of Lancasterís England tenure by Rob Andrew.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2017 08:18

Date: 09 October, 2017 09:10

Wouldn't say no to an up-and-coming NZ coach/DOR.

Date: 09 October, 2017 09:23

Agreed

Posted by: Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2017 11:17

Quote:
usa warrior
Interesting analysis of Lancasterís England tenure by Rob Andrew.
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

So Squeaky lays all the blame at Lancaster's door given that the RFU made such a fuss and spent so much money on bring Burgess to Union.If Sam hadn't been picked and we had still gone out I bet it would have been Stuart not picking Sam that was to blame.

The RFu tied Lancaster's hands over Sam Burgess and it is woeful of Rob Andrew to lay the blame all at Stuart's door.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Date: 09 October, 2017 11:39

PE I totally agree, I think squeaky is showing his true colour, a little sneak ready to blame anyone but himself

JP

Posted by: Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2017 12:01

To this point I have tended to defend Andrew from the carping of people who had neither his ability nor an understanding of the job he has done at Falcons and then the RFU. I have to say this article - which reads like a badly re-edited version of a longer piece with the language designed to make it more readable in excerpt form - presents him in a very poor light. Wasn't he the one in a position to force Lancaster to address the very issues for which he now blames him? Was he too weak to do that? Was Lancaster so overwhelmed that he could not or would not be helped? Mr Andrew, shame on you

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2017 12:11

Rob Andrew has a book to sell and as such needs to make bold statements. However, I'd have to agree with all above as he comes out of it looking pretty poor. I think the article just confirms what we've all known about how the RFU works and how they're willing to chuck anyone under the bus and preserve their own backsides.

Very poor form Mr Andrew.

It all reminds me of a few years ago when the RFU realised (or someone told them they had to) change and modernise. So they employed a consultant who came to the conclusion that the problem was the management structure and as such some of the top brass needed to hang their boots up. Well, this just wouldn't do so they fired him, and employed someone else to come up with some better ideas. However, the new consultant also thought that some of the top brass and that some of them needed to go, so they fired him as well.

Sometimes, you simply can't make it up.

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2017 13:23

Itís all extracts from Rob Andrews book, they pick the most attention-grabbing passages and don't put them in any context of how the book is written. I suspect if anyone reads the whole book his critique maybe less focussed on Lancaster and more rounded. Remember the storm when Sir Alex Ferguson has his book promoted in the papers, it died down once people started to read it.

Date: 09 October, 2017 22:12

Andrews reverses the bus in order to run over a few others...

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: BrumBrum (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 07:10

It's the sad face of modern rugby or is it society, that we need to make other look bad to either get newspaper column inches thus sell book or make ourself look good.

I use to respect Andrew but lost it very early in his England role.
The RFU are terrible at promoting the game of rugby to the masses, they really have cocked up the Championship and just seem obsessed by generating short term money with no eye on the longer term.
I know Andrew is not the RFU but he kind of is.
But this article to sell a book just takes the biscuit..... disappointing

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 07:13

Simple answer no one purchase the book.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 08:28

You can include me in that "no one" Rollo.

Date: 10 October, 2017 08:43

I do not think a new DoR will be recruited until the sale/investors have been resolved. Why, because they new guys will want a say on where their money is going.

JP

Date: 10 October, 2017 08:45

I'd agree with that, but the current owners have stated that they will be making the appointment, however a lot can and will happen. All very odd.

Posted by: FlipFlop (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 15:42

Presumably the new Defence Coach might also be looking to move away, as he is primarily here at GG's invite, and GG now plans to leave the club?

Date: 10 October, 2017 20:34

Hogg ďtightlippedĒ on his future beyond the end of the season.

Date: 10 October, 2017 20:37

Canít imagine he knows very much yet.

Date: 10 October, 2017 21:04

Maybe not, but DoR and Head Coach up for grabs.

With a tricky start to the season and the Backs not firing, letís hope the lure of Leicester doesnít pull on Mr Vesty too hard...

Current Page: 4 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net