At Last
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 08:42

Someone with the balls to say it as it is

Quote:

“But we are in a position now where we don’t want to start falling too far behind the rest of the pack because even if you do turn a corner it might be too late.

“That’s what happened when I was at Newcastle. They were nine points adrift when I arrived there. We won three or four games, but it wasn’t enough.

“That is the danger, so I don’t think we should shy away from that.

I think we should be bold and admit that we are desperate.”

I respect this statement massively and if the players really buy into this we can finally move on and start to fight for every single point.

We ARE desperate, we are in a genuine battle for survival. It is now backs to the wall and repel all boarders. We have time but we cannot afford any more below our ultimate performances going forward.

Well said GG.

JP

Re: At Last
Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 09:33

Quote:
Faithful_City
Someone with the balls to say it as it is
Quote:

“But we are in a position now where we don’t want to start falling too far behind the rest of the pack because even if you do turn a corner it might be too late.

“That’s what happened when I was at Newcastle. They were nine points adrift when I arrived there. We won three or four games, but it wasn’t enough.

“That is the danger, so I don’t think we should shy away from that.

I think we should be bold and admit that we are desperate.”

I respect this statement massively and if the players really buy into this we can finally move on and start to fight for every single point.

We ARE desperate, we are in a genuine battle for survival. It is now backs to the wall and repel all boarders. We have time but we cannot afford any more below our ultimate performances going forward.

Well said GG.

JP
He's just saying what we all think and have said on this forum.

Re: At Last
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 09:53

Correct but how many were in denial?

It’s being an alcoholic you first of all have to accept you are deep in the doo doo before you can all pull together to get yourself out of it.

Admitting it immediately stops all the diversionary discussions/debates/arguments about wether you are or are not in the doo doo and put all your energies and enthusiasm into getting out.

So what can we do?

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net