Media Training
Posted by: Warriordad (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:29

I’m not sure if this is something the club do with players. First it was Willison and Spencer saying how much they love the club and the new DOR. Next thing we know they are off to bath and Leicester respectively.

Then Denton harps in about how he likes it here and everyone should commit for the long term. Only to find that is also leaving us.

Just stop talking if it is absolute rubbish that is coming out your mouth. Either that or someone media train our players. It is starting to wear thin and just shows that player are using the papers as pawns to get better deals.

Re: Media Training
Posted by: backrow (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:58

Just like Mr Trump said FAKE NEWS (Sm161)

Posted by: Latecomer (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 23:02

Quote:
Warriordad
I’m not sure if this is something the club do with players. First it was Willison and Spencer saying how much they love the club and the new DOR. Next thing we know they are off to bath and Leicester respectively.
Then Denton harps in about how he likes it here and everyone should commit for the long term. Only to find that is also leaving us.

Just stop talking if it is absolute rubbish that is coming out your mouth. Either that or someone media train our players. It is starting to wear thin and just shows that player are using the papers as pawns to get better deals.

Can't disagree with your way of thinking Warriordad. I for one took great optimism from the Spencer and Denton 'statements'.
Couldn't begin to describe how disappointed and peed off I am now they've both jumped ship.
I still admire them as players but pretty annoyed at their insincerity away from the field of play.
Why oh why did you make these hollow statements guys ? Thought rugby was about respect (players and supporters alike).

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 23:25

Agreed... they could also add in a module to the training about not posting pictures of potential loanee players before anything is confirmed

Posted by: Moyles (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 06:23

Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Agreed... they could also add in a module to the training about not posting pictures of potential loanee players before anything is confirmed

Ha ha - that has happened once and there was no reference Weir joining WW - he was just dressed in training gear.

I am not sure any of the players said this to get better deals - I suspect they will have “signed on the dotted line” well before the media comments.

I have to agree Latecomer - I don’t see the point in making those comments, it can only serve to backfire when news breaks that they haven’t re-signed.

All that said if the want to leave and have better offers then good luck to then, I cannot fault the effort anyone of the 3 mentioned have put in for us and they have certainly helped us win games.

Posted by: knightstemplar (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 07:06

Bullsh!tting doesnt show a great deal of respect imho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 07:51 by knightstemplar.

Posted by: Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 07:41

Totally agree with the sentiments expressed.
It’s certainly the most disappointing aspect economists the both the Spencer and Denton comments.
I have little problem of them moving on bu5 at least be honest.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 08:43

It’s all part of the gradual learning curve of the connected age. These are young men, with pretty decent incomes, lifestyles, and fists full of laptops, tablets and phones. They don’t do considered communication, they have CVD Syndrome (cyber-verbal-diarrhoea)

Trying to get them to be discreet with what some would regard as sensitive information is like advising Canute that he’d better move his throne back up the beach a bit.

If you’re lucky enough to mix with large numbers of young people to see the picture, you’ll understand the inevitability.

If you still call your smartphone your “mobile” rather that just your “phone”, and still have an active landline and a cheque book then you’ll continue to be outraged.

Posted by: Patgadd (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 08:51

Quote:
TeflonTed

If you still call your smartphone your “mobile” rather that just your “phone”, and still have an active landline and a cheque book then you’ll continue to be outraged.

Mobile tick, landline tick, though I don't have a cheques book (well, I probably do, but heaven knows where it is), so I'm only partially outraged.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net