Haskell joins Saints
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 22:37

Quote:
ames Haskell will have the chance to resurrect his World Cup ambitions at Northampton, who are expected to confirm on Monday that they have signed the veteran flanker for next season.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Full article

Re: Haskell joins Saints
Posted by: knightstemplar (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 08:00

Bit like Marmite think he could have done a job for us

Posted by: Teme Dream (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 09:55

Am I right in thinking that Saints management have struggled recently to control "player power"? Given Haskell's reputation as a disruptive egotist this is a surprising signing.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 10:35

In the greater scheme of things we do not need Haskel, prefer to develop Hill and Dodd, whilst Mamma still has progress to make which will make him a terrific payer.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 16:22

They’re welcome.

We’ll see.

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 16:26

Quote:
ROLLO
In the greater scheme of things we do not need Haskel, prefer to develop Hill and Dodd, whilst Mamma still has progress to make which will make him a terrific payer.

Agree wholeheartedly.

As for Haskell joining Saints, seems appropriate for an Archbishop, even if they don't have a cathedral. Do they still have the Church's Stand?

I also wonder how Harrison, Wood and Gibson feel? When all 4 are fit, someone's going to lose out.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Posted by: Patgadd (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 16:29

They do have a Catholic cathedral; perhaps he'll convert

Date: 14 May, 2018 16:36

I doubt it, his kicking's awful and they still have Francis, Grayson and Mallinder. ;-)

Date: 14 May, 2018 17:01

Seen his Instagram post copied into the Wuss Supporters fbk page?

Only Haskell could put up a post announcing his move and find the need to supply 12 pictures of himself in various strips.

Modest or what?

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 19:51

Just to clarify, TT... you DO or DO NOT rate Haskell? 😉

Date: 14 May, 2018 21:00

Quote:
usa warrior
Just to clarify, TT... you DO or DO NOT rate Haskell? 😉

Well spotted......no, I’m not keen.

Obviously a great player at his best, (past), but the Archbishop of Banterbury nonsense takes me back to the 6th Form. (Senior High equivalent I believe!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 21:24 by TeflonTed.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 21:30

Veteran at 33 like the article says. Back rows need a lot of explosive power. Haskell just rolls around now. Would you say GJVV has more? Yes. So no to James. Bye the way DOC at 39 - has a lot of extra skills on and off the field - so no comparison on age or acumen. But I do wish him well at Saints - he is going to have to earn his crust in my opinion.

Date: 15 May, 2018 17:31

Quote:
knightstemplar
Bit like Marmite think he could have done a job for us

The news certainly seems to have gone down like marmite on the Saints message board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 17:32 by Brummagem Bertie.

Posted by: Underdog (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 16:41

He'll be busting a gut to get on the plane to Japan so whatever you think of him, he will be great value this season, particularly since he apparently was willing to take a pay cut.

Date: 16 May, 2018 16:54

I saw a quote from him where he honestly admitted that if he made the World Cup squad it would be worth far more to him financially than a one year pay cut.

That suggests that post World Cup he will be looking to max his earnings, either in France or Japan.

So essentially a player who, if it works out the way he hopes, will play for Saints for a about half a season.

I can imagine the criticism if that happened at Worcester.

Posted by: Underdog (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 17:02

Agreed, there would be criticism. I bet that he plays well for Saints in the games he plays though.

Date: 20 May, 2018 08:52

Footnote.......

There’s a thread on Wasps’ board this morning titled “Haskell is at....”.

And we all know where he was don’t we, well those of us with wives who grabbed the TV remote yesterday and hid it after tuning to BBC1 do anyway.

The balance of opinion amongst the Wasps’ faithful is “ not impressed”.

I’ll bet he makes it to the prem final next Sat OK though, which is more than his teammates will.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net