Current Page: 1 of 2
Black upsets Gold
Posted by: FlipFlop (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 12:10

Re: Black upsets Gold
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 12:26

Quote:

Hes not really in a position to make himself available, so Callum wont be joining us.

I wonder why?

JO

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 13:09

I wonder how it all works regarding getting picked for your country. Do players get contacted first to ask if they want to be considered, or do they book their holidays only to get told "By the way, drop everything, you're playing for your country".

No idea what Callum's situation is, but maybe he already had plans.

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 13:38

At least he will be fresh for us! Silver linings an all that!
Probably get injured pre-season now!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 14:06

Quote:
Fiver
I wonder how it all works regarding getting picked for your country. Do players get contacted first to ask if they want to be considered, or do they book their holidays only to get told "By the way, drop everything, you're playing for your country".
No idea what Callum's situation is, but maybe he already had plans.

Read like hed said yes, then backed out. GG seems pretty angry about it.

Posted by: Patgadd (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 14:34

Here's my guess - and it is only a wild guess. Wellington said that being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse, and it could be that Callum feels no connection with the USA and hasn't been back since he was a babe in arms. If so, he would feel at home in the UK, with a strong link to Ireland, and would have no wish to travel to a country he doesn't know and play alongside players he's never met. Just a thought..

Date: 15 May, 2018 14:59

Perhaps he said yes to Gary, only to find out the wife had booked two weeks in Benidorm and gave him 'that look' when he mentioned playing rugby instead?

Posted by: Patgadd (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 15:21

Fiver, your reason somehow seems a lot more plausible than mine!

Posted by: Drahm for England (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 15:26

Perhaps moving from N.Ireland to Worcestershire was more of a priority?

Date: 15 May, 2018 18:12

Quote:
Drahm for England
Perhaps moving from N.Ireland to Worcestershire was more of a priority?

It would be an easier commute.

Posted by: backrow (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 18:37

He lost his cowboy hat in the move over from N Ireland and had a dislike for burgers.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 19:44

He is 31 years of age and has been playing consistently well for some years so it has presumably taken the USA some time to come knocking.
I am not too fussed about what GG thinks if truth be told.

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 20:02

Ulster are playing Ospreys on Sunday in a European Champions Cup qualifier; I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

What I found curious was this quote,

Quote:
Gold
Hes not really in a position to make himself available, so Callum wont be joining us.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2018 20:08

Quote:
ROLLO
He is 31 years of age and has been playing consistently well for some years so it has presumably taken the USA some time to come knocking.
I am not too fussed about what GG thinks if truth be told.

His contract in Ireland only allowed him to be eligible for Ireland. Its their first opportunity since he was with us.

Date: 15 May, 2018 20:18

One thing's for sure - when Callum does arrive he should fit right in, although Sam Smith might not appreciate the competition!

I just had a look on Twitter to see if there was anything from Callum that might shed light on this story, to find that his Twitter handle is @baldybarista and he is the owner of Guilt Trip Coffee, which has just been shortlisted for Best Coffee Shop in the Belfast Business Awards.

Date: 16 May, 2018 07:35

Cool, Worcester doesn't have enough coffee shops.

Posted by: Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 14:28

Neither does Brum (Sm14)

Date: 20 May, 2018 17:01

According to Beeb match report, Callum came off injured today in Ulster ' Champions Cup playoff win against the Ospreys. Hope its not too serious.

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2018 17:46

It didnt look it. Looked like he might have sprained his wrist or something as he was holding it after a scrum and came off not long after. Prior to that he looked good and scrummaged really well against Arhip

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2018 07:31

The radio commentary (BBC Wales?) said HIA

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net