Current Page: 1 of 2
Dominic Ryan
Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 12:31

Is said to be on his way here by RugbyInsideLine who’s track record for rumours has been on point recently. Only thing is they’ve stated him as a lock,but he plays either openside or blindside. Very good player though

Re: Dominic Ryan
Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 13:08

Wiki entry .

Ties in with the rumour of us signing a Tigger.

Assuming the club has received medical assurance that he's fully recovered from his concussion injury, if he's coming.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Posted by: Bevere Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 14:00

Another account has mentioned Geoff Parling as a target. Would be good but not convinced by the source, might be an attempt to generate followers.
Ryan seems a more plausible story

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 14:23

He is 2ins and 14lbs too small to compete in the premiership as a lock.

JP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2018 14:58 by Faithful_City.

Posted by: Ake1985 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 14:29

Don't think we really need Ryan. Parling, if he's fit, would be decent on a short term deal. Good replacement for DOC

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 15:10

Maybe he is coming due to Warrior's view on managing concussion and our cryotherapy unit, which can probably reduce brain swelling pretty quickly. He certainly wasn't at Leicester very long.

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 21:45

Parling rumour on ruck.co.uk.Would come after the Super Rugby has finished.Like Fatialofa.
So he won't be a stop gap til Fatialofa comes,he'll be a more permanent replacement for DOC as mentioned already by AKE1985.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Posted by: Warrior7 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2018 22:39

Parling will come much earlier as he doesn't have to play in the ITM/Mitre 10 cup.

Posted by: Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 08:13

Parling has signed a contract to play another season in Japan hasn't he ?
Have I missed something ?

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 09:10

Definitely missed something. He’s playing in Oz for the Rebels

Date: 17 May, 2018 09:42

I thought it was Geoff that missed something playing in Oz for the Rebels ? (Sm14)

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 10:16

A giraffe trying to kick a pebble smiling smiley

Date: 17 May, 2018 10:52

I saw the link to us on twitter - RugbyGold I think, It's just I thought he had done a "deal with Munakata Sanix blues when he left chiefs for two years with a season with Rebels sandwiched in between.

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2018 13:06

Quote:
Southstand(again)
I saw the link to us on twitter - RugbyGold I think, It's just I thought he had done a "deal with Munakata Sanix blues when he left chiefs for two years with a season with Rebels sandwiched in between.

According to this report, he left Chiefs for a short-term contact with a Japanese team before going to Super Rugby.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Date: 18 May, 2018 13:23

More recent rumours - Dominic Ryan will be bringing winger Jonah Holmes with him from tigers.

Date: 18 May, 2018 13:27

this Jonah Holmes

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2018 13:53

Very Adams-esque.

That last one is a lovely advert for the fullback in the team of the year and that superb defender Wade...

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2018 13:59

Why on earth do we want a lightweight lock xand yet another winger?

JP

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2018 14:00

He's a flanker, but your point is still valid!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2018 14:00 by usa warrior.

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2018 14:01

And here was I thinking that apart from two "project players" (yet to understand what that means) recruitment was buttoned up.

Maybe we could squeeze another back row in but do we really need another winger? Back rows are certainly in attritional positions and we certainly need a few "spare" but I wouldn't have thought that that applied to wings so much.

It could be that certain players come onto the market late, I suppose, and are opportunistic "buys".

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net