Probably won't play against Bath?
Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 18:50

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Sounds as though AS is being cautious about introducing Fatialofa to the Premiership too soon. Maybe we will see him playing against Quins?

Re: Probably won't play against Bath?
Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 20:14

Home game also a good time to introduce a new player.

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 22:52

Quote:
usa warrior
Home game also a good time to introduce a new player.

The guy has travelled thousands of miles to Sixways. Not sure heíll be bothered about the extra 70 or so. Iíd argue that it is better to start him in an away game, more under the radar but in all truthfulness it donít matter.

Date: 09 November, 2018 06:40

I don't mind where we start him personally, but would be nice to see him come in at 6ways which sounds like it will be the case.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 08:43

It seems to me that there is a much more pragmatic view being taken about when players are ready to play. I think this is partly brought about by the stronger playing squad but mostly that there is a false economy in selecting players that may not be 100% fit. I also think, without direct evidence , that the medical and conditioning process has moved to a better level.

Date: 09 November, 2018 09:23

I'd say the direct evidence is the number of long term injuries we've sustained, touch wood, thus far this year.

Largely, we've been able to put our best team on the field for most games so far.

Posted by: Redditch Crowd (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 09:46

Didn't we have a new player a season or so ago who came on in an away game, got injured in the first few seconds and was never seen again? (Sorry, age robs me of memory..!)

No rush to play someone who isn't quite ready - with a better and deeper squad we can avoid chucking them into the mix if it doesn't feel quite right...

Been away from this place for a while - nice to catch up on reading what you all think again...

Posted by: dkexile (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 09:50

I can't wait for him to play, from a selfish point of view the sooner the better, so the bath game would be great.

That said I'd love it if say Kitchener played that well this weekend he was undroppable so fatialofa had to fight for a starting place.

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 10:19

Quote:
Redditch Crowd
Didn't we have a new player a season or so ago who came on in an away game, got injured in the first few seconds and was never seen again? (Sorry, age robs me of memory..!)

You're probably thinking of Ezra Taylor, injured in the first line out in an away game at Wasps when they were still in High Wycombe (so a little bit more than a season or so ago!).

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 10:31

I wouldn't rule out the new guy playing some part against Bath. With Pierce Phillips and Justin Clegg out we have to pick 3 from Bresler, Barry, Kitch and James Scott for Sarries.

Whilst Pierce might be back in contention for Bath, an injury to one of our locks this weekend could force Michael up the pecking order, by necessity.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Date: 09 November, 2018 11:15

Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
Redditch Crowd

You're probably thinking of Ezra Taylor, injured in the first line out in an away game at Wasps when they were still in High Wycombe (so a little bit more than a season or so ago!).

I can claim to have seen his debut/final game. 3-6 win as well with JC kicking two penalties.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 12:52

Quote:
usa warrior
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
Redditch Crowd

I can claim to have seen his debut/final game. 3-6 win as well with JC kicking two penalties.

Oh I remember that game now, from the score. Was it possibly the worst game of rugby ever broadcast?

Date: 09 November, 2018 13:24

Don't recall it being a terrible game actually.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 13:30

It was probably better being there, if itís the one I remember I watched it on the TV, having once been to Adams Park Iíd decided once was enough.

Posted by: Malvern Man (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 13:42

It was raining cats and dogs and wasn't it 6 - nil, the joint lowest ever Premiership score with a previous Worcester 3 - Wasps 3.

Posted by: Redditch Crowd (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 14:43

That's the one! - Thank you for the greater knowledge/better memories...

Date: 09 November, 2018 15:40

Fairly certain it was 3-6, but could be mistaken.

EDIT: No, you are correct.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Recall Wade got a big injury just in front of WarriorPhill and I. Surprised to read that Ezra even lasted 2 min. First lineout if I remember correctly... up he went, down he came.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 15:43 by usa warrior.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 16:46

I seem to remember our last game against Welsh at Sixways being one of the worst I've witnessed. I was lucky to miss the 0-6 at Adams Park.

I love the way Fatialofa is called "the big guy", his name isn't that hard to type, is it?

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 17:08

Quote:
Fiver
I seem to remember our last game against Welsh at Sixways being one of the worst I've witnessed. I was lucky to miss the 0-6 at Adams Park.
I love the way Fatialofa is called "the big guy", his name isn't that hard to type, is it?
Phillips is taller and heavier.
I'll call him big Phil!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net