Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 07:30

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Is in New Zealand.

Re: Te'o
Posted by: ceb17 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 07:41

100% joke.

What message does this send to the other players?

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 07:49

I just don't care anymore to be honest

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 07:51

Sorry . Duplication. Just seen USA's post re back rows.

But maybe the situation the club finds itself in with this player deserves its own thread?

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 08:00

I am just hoping we can put out our best team from the beginning of March as we possibly can .

There are 8 games if can win ALL our home games we will be in a good position.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 08:01

I think that the Cav's game against Tigers on 23rd would be an appropriate time for him to make an appearance.
I think that the EJ comments area smokescreen. How come Monsert was able ot turn out for Glos or Josh for us. Complete bilge water.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 08:01

At the moment Te’o is not 1st choice and he has to earn his place!

Posted by: Abberley (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 08:55

Solomons added: “Ben has gone home to Auckland..."

Is it time to admit that, in an era of professional sport (and easy migration), games between 'National' teams of all sports have become meaningless (or, at least, changing their meaning)?

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 09:08

WN quote..

“Director of rugby Alan Solomons confirmed he held discussions with England boss Eddie Jones and felt it was an “appropriate” time for Te’o to “rest” before coming back ahead of Warriors’ festive fixtures.”

What really happened.

Scene1. In a quiet corner of Twickers following the autumn internationals players’ de-brief.

BT....”Blimey Eddie mate, looks like I’m not crocked this time, I’ll have to go back to the sticks and risk getting picked.....”

EJ.....”Ah look mate, I’ll have a word. (Picks up office phone).....” Get me Solly at Worcester please......”

Sixways Receptionist....”Solly, Mr Jones from the RFU on line 2 for you “...........

AS.....(sighs...) Morning Eddie, how can I help............

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 09:17

Joke. Would be sort of funny if he wasnt responsible for a large chunk of our losses.

Posted by: Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 09:25

Absolute joke. What must the squad think of this. I wonder whether he will play for us again.

Posted by: Freypal (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 09:44

As said on the other thread, it would have been useful for him to play in these euro games. Mills and Venter could do with a rest and Ben needs game time with the club.

If he's away for two weeks then he's not training with the squad. So when he's back he won't be in a position to be selected as the same arguments as before still apply, in that he's not trained with and become familiar with the current squad and systems.

It's getting ridiculous now. I have sympathy with the injuries but the club are just not getting value for money.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 09:59

I've defended Ben in the past, but it's wearing a bit thin now.

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 10:05

Quote:
Fiver
I've defended Ben in the past, but it's wearing a bit thin now.

I agree with Fiver on this one - I have defended/given the benefit of the doubt to Teo in the past, but the latest incident, just says to me time to write it off as a bad experience and concentrate on the current set of centre's and the youngsters coming through.

Posted by: Warriors23 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 10:10

Quote:
A38
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/17275925.ben-teo-flies-to-new-zealand-for-break-after-england-duty/
Is in New Zealand.
Ben, if you’re reading this, have a great Xmas but do us a favour and have it IN New Zealand!
PS. Don’t rush back, the team are doing just fine without you!

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 10:13

Have a nice holiday Ben! It is a long season and we have plenty of Premiership games to come

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 10:17

I assuming that his break was planned like all our other players, but would have been good if he could have played vs Pau, to get some game time in

Posted by: Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 10:43

I have defended, defended and defended him but this is indefensible.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 11:07

I have to agree now...I think he just needs to leave at the end of his contract. I really like him as a player,but he’s pretty much robbed his wage with us. He’s money needs to be spent elsewhere

Posted by: knightstemplar (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 11:12

Wish I had a job like that! although the holiday wouldn't be in New Zealand!

What will the excuse be for not playing for Warriors in the run up to the 6 Nations? Waste of a salary from a Sixways point of view. Taking the p$ss springs to mind.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net