Current Page: 1 of 3
Dean Ryan set to replace EJ?
Posted by: Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 08:15

A few Tweeting this is happening...

Alex Shaw (Rugby Journalist)

“Given all the future England head coach speculation at the moment, it’s going to be really anti-climactic - media-wise - when Dean Ryan gets promoted”.

David Flatman

“So happening”.

Re: Dean Ryan set to replace EJ?
Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 08:37

Did you see Marler's response? (Sm22)

Very simply... "F**k that!"

Might not be so far fetched as McCall and Baxter have both ruled themselves out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 08:45 by usa warrior.

Posted by: Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 08:45

I did, excellent.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 08:59

Good grief!!!!!
He may eventually find players who can understand Hoggy's system. Or maybe not.
In all seriousness, I couldn't see him coping with the level of scrutiny that would come with the job.

I totally fell for his hogwash when he was with us, but retrospect shows him to be only slightly better than Hill - and that was a pretty low bar.

Some of our Celtic members may be chuckling if this pans out.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 09:24

Fair comment Offa.

Talks a good game does DR.

I've had Alfa Romeos that were more reliable.

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 09:25

He never did find that pesky magic wand, did he?

Could’ve made all the difference I feel.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:01

Quote:
TeflonTed

I've had Alfa Romeos that were more reliable.

I bloody loved my Alfa. Don't you be mean to them....

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:34

I've only sat in one Alfa. It was in the showroom when the dealer was on Hylton Road. I seem to remember spending more time putting the inside trim back on than looking at the car. Surely not even a die hard Alfa fan would say they were well made and reliable.

Posted by: Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:03

Having owned several Alfa’s and Lancias, they were well engineered but lacked finish.
Although saying that, my old Lancia was both well engineered and very well finished, but it was a pre Fiat Lancia

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:07

I had two cracking Lancia's

JP

Posted by: samlee99 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:18

Dean Ryan will have the full support of real rugby fans.

In Wales, in Ireland, in Scotland, in France, in Italy ....................

Posted by: dkexile (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:27

Would you rather have borthwick though?

His name is being mentioned too.

Whilst Ryan was disappointing for us Gloucester looked good under him and it does seem like he got our academy back on track.

Posted by: Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:40

I wonder why Bater isn’t interested

Posted by: Grasshopper (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:52

My only brush with an Alfa was when I wanted to have a trial run in a diesel version at the local dealership. I had asked for this during an initial visit and turned up for the agreed appointment a few days later. There still wasn't one available (A complete waste of my time) but they promised they would get one quickly and would give me a call when it was in. I got a call about 6 weeks later, by which time my shiny new (Different make) car had already been delivered....

Very similar to DR - Promises, promises.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 13:05

Quote:
Fiver
I've only sat in one Alfa. It was in the showroom when the dealer was on Hylton Road. I seem to remember spending more time putting the inside trim back on than looking at the car. Surely not even a die hard Alfa fan would say they were well made and reliable.

Oh it was utterly dreadful smiling smiley I once woke up half the street as the fuel injectors weeped slightly, and when I started the engine the inlet manifold blew clean off the side of the engine!

But despite the fact they are objectively s*** - if you get it you love them more than life itself.

And that is where the similarity with Dean Ryan ends winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 13:13 by TVM Rides Again.

Posted by: Patgadd (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 14:12

My secondhand Ford Fusion is very reliable...

Posted by: dkexile (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 14:34

Quote:
Whispering_Death
I wonder why Bater isn’t interested

I imagine he's happy with things at Exeter and I would think it's more secure long term than the England job.
Hopefully it's a bluff mind.

I'd like it to be Baxter next or, failing that, dean Richards.

Posted by: Abberley (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 16:18

Daily commuting to the likes of Cowley, Reading and Guildford (before the M40 extension) was an absolute joy in my 1970s Alfa GTV (flat-4 at the front, gearbox in the rear axle).

One morning I was in solid traffic on the A40 Witney bypass (everyone travelling at the [then] regulation ACPO 2+10% mph) and noticed a police Panda several cars behind. Five minutes later, he flagged me into a lay-by - and spent the next fifteen drooling over the engine etc. - even sitting behind the wheel pretending to drive it.

Eventually, he said, "Sorry, I'll have to give you a ticket to cover my time..."

(Sm16)

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 16:27

I do like this board. A serious topic, as the title suggests, but we are off down my cousin, the A40, before you know it.

Back on topic, there are times when internal appointments are appropriate; there are times when they are not. It all depends on the worth of the candidates and their previous track record.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 17:35

I completely forgot I once drove a 156 hire car. I had to work in Liverpool and halfway there the engine warning light came on and it told me to find a dealer.

AVIS told me the car had spent most of it's life at the dealer.

The only dealings with Lancia was a company car my dad had a few months, a Beta. He liked it and fortunately we moved to Germany before it had a chance to rust itself to death.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net