Current Page: 1 of 2
A turning point?
Posted by: Old Col (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 15:59

Somehow I feel a turning point in attitude ,toughness and belief occurred early into the second half on Saturday that will be carried forward into the next games . Perhaps a collective realisation of just how to be bloody minded and hard they have to be and can be .

Re: A turning point?
Posted by: Suffolk-Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 16:22

I sincerely hope you are right Old Col. A definite improvement in mindset in the second half and I believe we were getting on top of Bath even before the fully justified red card. Unfortunately a review of the table shows that from Wasps (6th) down we have already played everyone else (with the exception of Tigers) at home and even with a hardened attitude it is increasingly difficult to see how we can avoid our usual battle against relegation given our inability to consistently perform at the required level away from Sixways.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 17:53

We often have to wait until a bit later in the year for the seminal game that dictates the rest of our season. I think we say it on Saturday. If that last 20 minutes doesn't breed confidence in ourselves I don't know what will.

It could be suggested that we need another 3 wins, which I think will come from Leicester, Newcastle (in the 6 nations window), Gloucester and Saracens (both at home) (3 out of 4)

But we may get side-tracked by the Challenge and Prem Cup knock-out rounds

And anyone fancy Tempest - Doyle again for the Sale game at home??

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 17:57

Col makes a good point. Itís surely about the top 2Ē?

As to playing Sale, having watched their last game weíll need to be at our best for certain.

Doyler and Tempest to oversee another 99 min cliffhanger....hopefully not. Bet we get given Barnsie again some time soon!

Posted by: knightstemplar (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 19:26

It's a brutal league it takes everything to win most games with little mistakes hopefully we can build on the last two games

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 19:44

In our first season Quins went down with 38 points. I think that we may see something similar this season, unless Falcons or Bristol implode, so in my view another 19 points are needed to be sure. 4 wins and 3 bonus points. Will Duncan's miss at Sarries be crucial?

Posted by: knightstemplar (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 19:54

19 plus points from the remaining games isn't a give me will need 110% hopefully it can be done

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 20:45

that's a lot of points

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 07 January, 2019 22:36

We are averaging 1.8 pts a game for the 1st 12 games which suggests we may get another 18

Total 39pts.

JP

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2019 08:06

Yep, feel 4 more wins will be necessary to stay afloat.

Newcastle have winnable home games from here in, although Saturday should have been one of those.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2019 13:00

This is the list of points of teams relegated Since Quins in 2005

Average is 22pts

I feel another 12 points will do it

JP

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2019 19:36

I remember when Quins and Sale were seen as very winnable home fixtures, not this season. I'm really not sure if there are any. I've just listened to the rugby weekly podcast and Danny Care spoke plenty of sense on the subject. Pretty much any team can beat any team, although the stats suggest a home win far more likely.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2019 23:57

Quote:
Fiver
I remember when Quins and Sale were seen as very winnable home fixtures, not this season. I'm really not sure if there are any. I've just listened to the rugby weekly podcast and Danny Care spoke plenty of sense on the subject. Pretty much any team can beat any team, although the stats suggest a home win far more likely.

We beat Quinn at home winking smiley

Date: 09 January, 2019 06:58

Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
Fiver

We beat Quinn at home winking smiley

I know, but they're a much better team now. Failing that, we were on fire that day.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 07:11

Thatís moving the evidence goal posts to suit your argument a little...

Your point about anyone being able to beat anyone in the league is valid however

Date: 09 January, 2019 10:28

Not shifting the goal posts, just clarifying what should have been in my original post. In fact, I could have added more teams to my post, Saints seem resurgent this season. Perhaps it is the new management bedding in that's done it.

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 12:10

Quote:
Fiver
Not shifting the goal posts, just clarifying what should have been in my original post. In fact, I could have added more teams to my post, Saints seem resurgent this season. Perhaps it is the new management bedding in that's done it.

Saints have seemed resurgent for 2 out of the last 3 games, hardly makes their season! 3 games ago their board was convinced they were going down. I guess your point seems to be that we only beat teams when they are having a bad patch

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 12:37

Saints were blydi awful against Wasps, who weren't that great themselves. If Saints had played like that against us we might have got at least a point.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Date: 09 January, 2019 12:42

I didn't watch the Wasps game, but they kicked our backsides and beat Exeter. Failing that they just had a good Christmas.

Posted by: Albionwarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 21:41

AT THE END OF THE DAY THE WORST TEAM OVER THE SEASON USUALLY GOES DOWN DON'T THEY?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net