Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: A turning point?
Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 21:48

Quote:
Albionwarrior
AT THE END OF THE DAY THE WORST TEAM OVER THE SEASON USUALLY GOES DOWN DON'T THEY?
Generally speaking yes.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 08:55

I was struck, thinking about the Bath game, and prompted by looking at CP's shirt collection, of the parallels with THAT final against Bristol. The parallels are not exact but in both games Worcester came from a fair way behind, there were yellow cards in both, a try was scored in about the same place (albeit at the North stand end) on the left wing and a conversion kick to win.

Posted by: SixNineOne (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 09:02

In most seasons there are one or two teams who are having a bad run and the worst performing one generally goes down. As I recall, when Quins got relegated there were three or four teams with a serious chance of relegation going into the final round - including Quins, Saints and Irish. All it took was for Jeremy Staunton to miss a kick for Quins and down they went. This season feels a bit more like that one. Whilst Falcons have had a bad run I don't feel they are imploding yet, Sale, Saints and Tigers are all improving but they remain vulnerable, as do Wasps. The fact is that it could be any one of a number of clubs in the hot seat come the end of the season, so I agree that Warriors are going to need 39 points or probably more to survive. So let's see a bit more of that steel they showed in the second half against Bath!

Posted by: Albionwarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 20:36

This is the list of points of teams relegated Since Quins in 2005

Average is 22pts

I feel another 12 points will do it

JP

Meaning in simple terms:-

In 8 of the above 13 seasons we would only need another two points in the remaining 10 games, from what we have now, to probably secure survival.

It comes down to one at most two teams getting generally cut adrift allowing the other 10/11 teams to relax.

As was stated in 2004/5 it came down to the last game of the season with 4 teams possibly being relegated ... meaning we all took points of other teams (also each other) thus a team was relegated with 38 points (roughly a 60% increase on the average of 22 points).

Think it will come down to us, Bristol, Newcastle and possibly 1 or 2 other teams.

In my humble opinion the relegated team will probably go down with a least 33 points ...

But I could be wrong.

Lets be honest ... Saracens and Exeter have cut the other 10 teams adrift .....

Good for us as Saracens definately and possibly Exeter may be over the line to home semi finals before we play them ... Saracens will definately not want to risk some of their stars !!

Yes both Newcastle and Bristol away ... but we have beaten Newcastle quite a few times away haven't we ... At least two that I have been too.

We have to have a reasonable chance against Leicester at home don't we?

It wouldn't even be the biggest surprise if we got something at Quins would it?

Yes Sale at home will be tough ... they have found some form?

Also Saints away won't be easy.

Wasps away ... we can only improve on the past few years?

Gloucester will definately be at least 50/50.

All in all .... 10 games to go ... Bring it on

ps ..... Pay Bryce what he wants (within reason) for a couple more seasons ... if he can be persuaded

(Sm128)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 20:40 by Albionwarrior.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 22:16

Sarries are always over the line before the last game.
But, McCall does not rest stars. His MO is to build momentum at the end of the season.
We cannot go into that last game needing to win.

Posted by: Albionwarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 23:27

Offa

Don't think we will .... BUT ... Last game of 2006/7 could well repeat itself

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 07:17

Lee's hope not.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net