Current Page: 1 of 2
Heem
Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 08:14

Re: Heem
Posted by: KenDoddsDadsDogsDead (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 08:58

It's the hope I can't stand

Posted by: The Mailman (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 09:21

So we’re currently in talks with him, but he’s not in the country (and won’t be for another ten days). Erm.

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 09:31

The Mailman by in talks with him I assume the club means his agent over the details etc and while I am sure the coaches will be having chats with him they are more likely to be informal chats as ultimately the players employ agents to deal with the day to day formal chats.

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 10:27

It’s as much as we can hope for so far. It does make me wonder why we have left it after January to start talks with our “better” players though? I guess it lets clubs and player to see where they stand on negotiations I suppose.

Fingers crossed Heem and Singo stay. They are the two biggest re-signings for me that we have to get retained and build around them and the players that will be here next year.

Posted by: Touchliner (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 10:28

Perhaps giving him the chance to talk about his future face to face with his family and friends back home is the right move by the club?

Date: 10 January, 2019 10:32

I agree with that.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 10:33

I trust Solly knows what he's doing. A positive for me was that Bryce helped out at the Panto. It obviously shows he enjoys being around the other players.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 10:41

Quote:
Touchliner
Perhaps giving him the chance to talk about his future face to face with his family and friends back home is the right move by the club?

Also, its a good move to recognize that they players are human and have lives outside the club which do deserved their attention. Players need to feel respected as people as well as simply have money thrown at them.

And we don't know what we don't know. They may have been talking earlier - Heem may have specifically requested they only talk in the new year.

Given we don't actually know anything I think it's a touch premature to worry about negligence on the clubs part.

Posted by: Sheldon (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 11:00

Perhaps Solly is negotiating a deal which allows him several trips a year back home. This current one may be part of that process. For example we could offer him to start late in Oct/Nov after the world cup but in time for the premiership to start.

Date: 10 January, 2019 11:19

Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
Touchliner

Also, its a good move to recognize that they players are human and have lives outside the club which do deserved their attention. Players need to feel respected as people as well as simply have money thrown at them.

And we don't know what we don't know. They may have been talking earlier - Heem may have specifically requested they only talk in the new year.

Given we don't actually know anything I think it's a touch premature to worry about negligence on the clubs part.

TVM can I ask a question? I’ve noticed recently that you go quite overboard with a lot of posters on here...I’m just wondering why? With the “premature to worry about negligence (a bit of a strong word to use) on the clubs part” comment I take it that was in response to my post? It was just an analysis on my part..not accusing the club of negligence at all. I just find it a bit weird how you over hype people’s comments to be something more as in an attack. Just wondering why you do it that’s all,it’s not that I’m starting an argument (far to cool for that ;-)) I’ve just noticed it a lot recently in other threads.

Date: 10 January, 2019 11:29

Happy to respond - not the place though. Will PM.

Posted by: Teme Dream (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 11:36

Seems like Fatiolofa joining has improved our chances of keeping Bryce at Worcester. Evenings like last Saturday and being allowed to take some mid-season leave may also have a bearing. Really hope he stays - perhaps the most critical re-signing after Duncan Weir. Good luck to Solly with the negotiations.

Posted by: The Lion City (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 11:38

Hmmm... personally I’m not going to read too much into this, anyone remember this from last year: [www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Date: 10 January, 2019 12:16

well, quite

Posted by: The Mailman (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 12:20

Quote:
West Brom Warrior
The Mailman by in talks with him I assume the club means his agent over the details etc and while I am sure the coaches will be having chats with him they are more likely to be informal chats as ultimately the players employ agents to deal with the day to day formal chats.

Yep I get that. I just think it sounded funny. He must have very good hearing if we're currently talking to him but he's in NZ ;-)

I'll get my coat.

Posted by: Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 13:45

They’ve gone home to see family whilst they can. Some things in life are more important than work (rugby).
Negotiations can carry on regardless.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 13:58

TVM I think if you make comments in an open forum explanations should be in that as well not pm'd.

Posted by: Drahm for England (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 14:19

At the age he is, this will be Bryce's last big contract I would guess. He's highly unlikely to rush into a decision quickly on it I'd have thought.

Date: 10 January, 2019 14:34

Quote:
ROLLO
TVM I think if you make comments in an open forum explanations should be in that as well not pm'd.

Ok - it was in the spirit of not boring everyone with a tedious off topic post.

But if you insist. I have had to clean up some bits smiling smiley

Skip to the end to get back on topic.

AJ

Your comment around me going ‘over board’ is noted – but I think your definition of over board and mine may differ.

Yes the comment was aimed at your statement ‘It does make me wonder why we have left it after January to start talks with our “better” players though? ‘ - that does imply you thought is that this issue has been neglected until now. My response is only that we don’t know what we don’t know’ – so we don’t know they have neglected it – after all that is what negligence is – neglecting something (though I suppose people now equate it with other words like 'gross' or 'criminal' which makes the word sound more severe than it it actually is).

I am merely saying we are rather short on information to be suggesting that with any conviction what so ever. Because let’s be honest – we don’t know anything.

On a wider note – I suppose I am a little more robust than most in addressing debate. But I don’t see what is wrong with that. I am not depriving anyone of their opinion, merely scrutinising it. People may complain its having their opinion taken away from them – but that’s because some seem to think that opinions are somehow sacrosanct to the point that if someone disagrees with them if a grotesque infringement of their rights – and that someone making them think about WHY they think what they think if an awful intrusion.

Because people seem to be thinking less and less these days – just parroting out lazy stereotypes and suppositions, whilst all the time believing in doing so, they shouldn’t be contested. Being slightly melodramatic about it, I think this is rotting the world from the inside out!

I know one shouldn’t mention it – but Brexit is a prime example. Sensible discussion gave way to dogmatics a long time ago, and the world is now full of shouted slogans and people getting angry and accusing people of being @#$%&’s. There seems to be zero will to consider another view point.

I am guessing that you are referring in part to Dudleywarrior? Well, I find people who are constantly down on the club tiresome. That is not from a point of dogmatics, I am all for accountability and saying when things aren’t good enough – but – as an example saying the win against Leicester was lucky was in my opinion, unfair – so I challenged them on the statement.

That it was disrespectful to the team is true, as it negated their hard work – but they are big enough and ugly enough to defend themselves. What bothered me was the lazy thinking, and bending of evidence to fit their theory that “everything is stuffed, we are all stuffed and we’ll only ever be stuffed” – something all their contributions are/were laced with. It just showed no critical thought.

‘We’re rubbish’ - ‘ah but what about Leicester’ – ‘well that was luck’.

As far as they are concerned, it’s Job done I don’t have to actually think. Because that would be hard. I am not saying their viewpoint is wrong per se – I am open to that debate. However I am saying they offer zero substance to back up an argument, then when challenged to explain why they think that way basically give the challenger the finger.

I do sit opposite someone like that at work, and I’ll be honest – it erodes the soul. Maybe it makes me a little more direct than others, but that’s not something to apologise for in my opinion.

I can only assume this reflects that they cannot rationalise how they feel and are worried to reflect on how none of us are quite as autonomous in our thoughts as we would like to think. But that’s enough philosophy.

I will admit that it was a cheeky dig in the other thread about it - only intended a a 'roll eyes' way - but they stuck to their guns in such a basic way and who concludes their half-considered opinion (which didn’t address any query I had made) with the phrase ‘end of’ is like red rag to a bull with me.

That they decided to flounce off rather than stand their ground when their opinion was challenged – and the fact that they went on a ramble about me not tolerating opinions that didn’t chime with my own – just confirms that they didn’t expect to have to justify themselves - Not because they think they are above it, but because under serious analysis, they probably can’t.

I have no respect for that – so I challenge it. I don’t deprive them of their opinion – and anyone who thinks I am is just being thick (in my opinion 😊 ).

Another example being the amount of utter balls that was talked at the takeover, when people’s arbitrary suppositions got repeated, and became ‘fact’ very quickly. These facts were then enforced by mob rule essentially.

People, should, in my opinion, be open to thinking about these things. And if I see someone indulging themselves in lazy bull poop, I will call them on it and ask them to justify it.

Sorry it’s a bit of a ramble, but the world makes me despair sometimes, and the message board is a microcosm of the world. Hope that answers your question – happy to continue the dialogue!

Best

There you go.

Sorry about the break in the thread all.

ETA: missed a naughty word - apologies if anyone caught that one

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 14:44 by TVM Rides Again.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net