Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Heem
Posted by: Bushi (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 15:14

I'm sure that the delay of discussions is down to Mr Heem. As D for E says "At the age he is, this will be Bryce's last big contract I would guess". If I was in his shoes I'd wait until January when I can go to the market and see what my market value is. Then sit down with Warriors to get the best deal for myself

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 15:18

Quote:
Bushi
I'm sure that the delay of discussions is down to Mr Heem. As D for E says "At the age he is, this will be Bryce's last big contract I would guess". If I was in his shoes I'd wait until January when I can go to the market and see what my market value is. Then sit down with Warriors to get the best deal for myself

Precisely, I can't blame him - I think he has repaid 'the opportunity' in absolute full and owes the club nothing.

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 15:30

We've been talking to him/his agent for a couple months. At least since Jed, et al, took over.

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 15:32

Quote:
Sheldon
Perhaps Solly is negotiating a deal which allows him several trips a year back home. This current one may be part of that process. For example we could offer him to start late in Oct/Nov after the world cup but in time for the premiership to start.

Premiership starts before the end of the RWC, after the pool stages I think.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 15:55

I don't doubt we've been talking to Bryce since the earliest opportunity. However, I'd guess he's needed to wait until January in order to see exactly what else was on the table. At least there is no big spread in the WEN of Bryce telling us he's Worcester through and through. We all know where that has ended up in the past.

Date: 10 January, 2019 16:16

He wouldn't and didn't wait...

Has had his plans from before we started talking to him. Jed is trying to rescue the situation and what you are seeing/hearing now is far more positive than before.

Intended destination is pretty well documented by now though.

Date: 10 January, 2019 16:20

I know it was no secret Bryce has fancied a go in France, but was there a team already lined up? I guess anyone can change their mind, it just depends if a contract is already agreed.

He is an awesome player, but we do have some very good wings not getting a game right now and we'd have to lose him at some point. No one goes on forever.

Date: 10 January, 2019 16:32

From my understanding there certainly is and we're doing our best to keep him.

Arguably our most influential player, IMO, and need to get the chequebook out. If even for one more year.

Bryce and Josh would be a massive loss in the same season. For that matter I believe Humphries contract is also up and not sure about Howe or Hammond. Could lose nearly all our wings.

Date: 10 January, 2019 16:37

I had heard a rumour of someone of extremely high calibre joining us as Bryce's replacement, but can't remember for the life of me who it was.

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 16:45

Quote:
Fiver
I had heard a rumour of someone of extremely high calibre joining us as Bryce's replacement, but can't remember for the life of me who it was.
Please remember!(Sm151)

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 16:46 by w4rriorz1980.

Date: 10 January, 2019 17:01

There was an Isreal Dagg rumour doing the rounds, but he's more of a 15 so can't see that myself.

Not our weakest area I'd suggest. Particulary with CP re-signing.

Posted by: Abberley (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 18:12

Quote:
TVM Rides Again

ETA: missed a naughty word - apologies if anyone caught that one

Brexit still sneaked through though (Sm164)

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 18:45

Surely Japan bound? He's had an excellent run at Worcester, and still is.

UK to New Zealand 24 hours
Japan to New Zealand 11 hours (blimey - how far away is New Zealand)

+ more money? and he could probably rangle a tv pundit contract during the World Cup for extra career development and dosh.

I know where my bet would be as he comes into completing his 4th season with us and 30 years old this month.

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 18:53

Quote:
Fiver
I know it was no secret Bryce has fancied a go in France, but was there a team already lined up? I guess anyone can change their mind, it just depends if a contract is already agreed.
He is an awesome player, but we do have some very good wings not getting a game right now and we'd have to lose him at some point. No one goes on forever.
Toulouse I was told.

Date: 10 January, 2019 18:57

Yup, what 1980 said...

Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 22:49

Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Quote:
ROLLO
TVM I think if you make comments in an open forum explanations should be in that as well not pm'd.

Ok - it was in the spirit of not boring everyone with a tedious off topic post.

But if you insist. I have had to clean up some bits smiling smiley

Skip to the end to get back on topic.

AJ

Your comment around me going ‘over board’ is noted – but I think your definition of over board and mine may differ.

Yes the comment was aimed at your statement ‘It does make me wonder why we have left it after January to start talks with our “better” players though? ‘ - that does imply you thought is that this issue has been neglected until now. My response is only that we don’t know what we don’t know’ – so we don’t know they have neglected it – after all that is what negligence is – neglecting something (though I suppose people now equate it with other words like 'gross' or 'criminal' which makes the word sound more severe than it it actually is).

I am merely saying we are rather short on information to be suggesting that with any conviction what so ever. Because let’s be honest – we don’t know anything.

On a wider note – I suppose I am a little more robust than most in addressing debate. But I don’t see what is wrong with that. I am not depriving anyone of their opinion, merely scrutinising it. People may complain its having their opinion taken away from them – but that’s because some seem to think that opinions are somehow sacrosanct to the point that if someone disagrees with them if a grotesque infringement of their rights – and that someone making them think about WHY they think what they think if an awful intrusion.

Because people seem to be thinking less and less these days – just parroting out lazy stereotypes and suppositions, whilst all the time believing in doing so, they shouldn’t be contested. Being slightly melodramatic about it, I think this is rotting the world from the inside out!

I know one shouldn’t mention it – but Brexit is a prime example. Sensible discussion gave way to dogmatics a long time ago, and the world is now full of shouted slogans and people getting angry and accusing people of being @#$%&’s. There seems to be zero will to consider another view point.

I am guessing that you are referring in part to Dudleywarrior? Well, I find people who are constantly down on the club tiresome. That is not from a point of dogmatics, I am all for accountability and saying when things aren’t good enough – but – as an example saying the win against Leicester was lucky was in my opinion, unfair – so I challenged them on the statement.

That it was disrespectful to the team is true, as it negated their hard work – but they are big enough and ugly enough to defend themselves. What bothered me was the lazy thinking, and bending of evidence to fit their theory that “everything is stuffed, we are all stuffed and we’ll only ever be stuffed” – something all their contributions are/were laced with. It just showed no critical thought.

‘We’re rubbish’ - ‘ah but what about Leicester’ – ‘well that was luck’.

As far as they are concerned, it’s Job done I don’t have to actually think. Because that would be hard. I am not saying their viewpoint is wrong per se – I am open to that debate. However I am saying they offer zero substance to back up an argument, then when challenged to explain why they think that way basically give the challenger the finger.

I do sit opposite someone like that at work, and I’ll be honest – it erodes the soul. Maybe it makes me a little more direct than others, but that’s not something to apologise for in my opinion.

I can only assume this reflects that they cannot rationalise how they feel and are worried to reflect on how none of us are quite as autonomous in our thoughts as we would like to think. But that’s enough philosophy.

I will admit that it was a cheeky dig in the other thread about it - only intended a a 'roll eyes' way - but they stuck to their guns in such a basic way and who concludes their half-considered opinion (which didn’t address any query I had made) with the phrase ‘end of’ is like red rag to a bull with me.

That they decided to flounce off rather than stand their ground when their opinion was challenged – and the fact that they went on a ramble about me not tolerating opinions that didn’t chime with my own – just confirms that they didn’t expect to have to justify themselves - Not because they think they are above it, but because under serious analysis, they probably can’t.

I have no respect for that – so I challenge it. I don’t deprive them of their opinion – and anyone who thinks I am is just being thick (in my opinion 😊 ).

Another example being the amount of utter balls that was talked at the takeover, when people’s arbitrary suppositions got repeated, and became ‘fact’ very quickly. These facts were then enforced by mob rule essentially.

People, should, in my opinion, be open to thinking about these things. And if I see someone indulging themselves in lazy bull poop, I will call them on it and ask them to justify it.

Sorry it’s a bit of a ramble, but the world makes me despair sometimes, and the message board is a microcosm of the world. Hope that answers your question – happy to continue the dialogue!

Best

There you go.

Sorry about the break in the thread all.

ETA: missed a naughty word - apologies if anyone caught that one

I’ve just replied to this as well lol

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net