Current Page: 1 of 3
Plans submitted for north stand & Hotel!
Posted by: IanRed (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 17:35

According to Daily Mail.

I had heard about a new stand to increase capacity, but not about a hotel and conferencing centre.

Re: Plans submitted for north stand & Hotel!
Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 22:45

Well, there go the grandfather rights!

Posted by: Abberley (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 22:53

Quote:
Torygraph 2008

Worcester

Just need a successful team to complete the picture. Superbly appointed modern Sixways Ground now houses 12,000 after the opening of a new stand last weekend. A hotel/leisure complex is also planned. Owner Cecil Duckworth has formerly sunk large sums into the club, but they are now expected at least to pay their way.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 23:03

Copied from the dailymail online.....

“Worcester Warriors have submitted a pre-planning application to the local council to expand Sixways and build a hotel conference centre. The club secured Premiership safety last week and have already started renovating the East Stand. They are hoping to increase capacity from 11,499 to 16,500 through additional seating, standing and luxury boxes.”

Detailed it ain’t!

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 23:33

With that capacity maybe grandfather rights will be merely altered so that season tickets include two seats per person instead!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2019 23:33 by WorcesterSauce.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 08:19

Well, grandfather rights are still working at the moment for my seat. Just bought my ticket for next season.

Posted by: Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 09:18

The development won't start until this time next year

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 09:34

Great news to see the club push on with some development of the club, the commercial side needs to bring in additional revenue to supplement the playing side.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 12:02

I am sure that there was a Worcester News article a few weeks ago with Jed stating that they were looking to only increase the North Stand, with no hotel.

Is the story accurate, or have there been second thoughts?

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 17:03

It's accurate. North stand/hotel/seating/standing/boxes, etc. Should be very good!!

Need to fill 16.5k though!!

Posted by: Inbox (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 19:26

Quote:
usa warrior
It's accurate. North stand/hotel/seating/standing/boxes, etc. Should be very good!!
Need to fill 16.5k though!!

Play good rugby (as we have this year) and the numbers will come...

Date: 13 May, 2019 21:21

Hope so! What a sight that would be?!

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 18:03

Quote:
Offa
I am sure that there was a Worcester News article a few weeks ago with Jed stating that they were looking to only increase the North Stand, with no hotel.
Is the story accurate, or have there been second thoughts?

IIRC, the Worcester News story reported Ged as saying that they were in preliminary talks with the planners about the new stand. It could be that those plans always included a hotel but Ged was smart enough/well advised not to say anything at that time because they were still awaiting a response from the planners and didn't want to be seen as jumping the gun.

He could have risked souring relations and/or looked a prat if the response was "No chance".

Since the Worcester News article the club may have received a favourable response so can now reveal the full extent of the plans.

No inside knowledge, just guesswork.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 22:22

That would make sense.

Posted by: Bushi (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 09:33

A hotel makes such sense. If a company is looking at holding a conference, it looks for conference facilities with accommodation, therefore the club would get a double whammy. The location is good too, by the motorway and in the Midlands, perfect for national companies

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 09:48

What Worcester needs is a good quality hotel , something in my 40 years of living here it has never had.
Too much to hope for a Malmason or Intercontinental but maybe a Crowne Plaza as part of ICH group?

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 11:21

Would that be any use on a more general basis out at J6? One linked with a conference centre would make more sense mind,

Date: 15 May, 2019 12:17

Also means that visiting teams and supporters can stay on site which fills the hotel fairly regularly. All makes a lot of sense really.

Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 13:33

Not sure any prem teams will stay next season to be honest. Newcastle would’ve been the only one who may have but teams like to just get back. European teams however I guess will.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 13:53

Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Not sure any prem teams will stay next season to be honest. Newcastle would’ve been the only one who may have but teams like to just get back. European teams however I guess will.

I think the stay thing can quite often be night before, rather than night of. I know some do that sometimes, though others get famously stuck in traffic

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net