Current Page: 1 of 2
Today!!!
Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 18:09

WoW!

Someone near me said we're the best team in Europe as we beat Sarries!

Technically that's true but if they had the Vunipola's,Itojie et al it would've been even more remarkable!

You couldn't write the script!

Josh getting the Warriors try scoring record & the last minute win!

See you next season!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2019 18:14 by w4rriorz1980.

Re: Today!!!
Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 18:11

Score?

Date: 18 May, 2019 18:14

Quote:
centrethere
Score?
31-29.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 18:18

Victory from the jaws of defeat. Whatís that, 4 or 5 times this season.

Weíre safe so the result didnít really matter, but itís nice to finish above tigers!

Date: 18 May, 2019 18:24

Special mention to Jonny Arr and all of our departing players.Good luck all in your next ventures and hope to see Josh back here in the future! We'll probably get Cardiff Blues in the Challenge Cup next season!

Saw mummy Vunipola & family @ Sixways also.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Posted by: drifter (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 20:36

today told me that we are not good enough. That was at best a sarries B team and would have been embarraced by them otherwise. ok it was good to get the win but we need to seriously look at recruitment

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 20:36

Whatís that
10th & above tigers
2nd highest ever points score
15 points off bottom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2019 09:43 by centrethere.

Posted by: kiddykid (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 21:38

Up to a point I would agree with Drifter. Sarries fielded a very weakened team and although we were not at full strength we should have beaten them more convincingly.
However, with a ref making his Prem debut I believe, some of the decisions were mind boggling and of them went against us.......and as for the touch judges , well, best left alone.
Still, we have developed into a team that does not give up easily and how beneficial that has been. Just think of the two games against Falcons (!) and the away game at Sale we would have been comfortably mid table. Iron out stupid results and performances such as those and we will have our best Prem season ever

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 22:03

We can of course accept that it was not the Saracens "first XV" which we saw this afternoon but in the same breadth that club has a serious strength in depth, the players are trained exceptionally well and many a full strength Premiership side would have struggled against what KK calls a "seriously weakened team".

Stepping back from the detail of the day I'm looking forward to next season without the usual trepidation. That may well change by October of course but there are some plus points to take forward (in no particular order):-

- Weir's goal kicking: for long an issue at Worcester
- The coaching team has become accustomed to the Premiership; I think that it is no coincidence that we have seen improvement over recent months
- There is momentum to take into next season, particularly when playing at home
- The backbone of the team will be unchanged: Hooker, No 8, Scrum and Fly Halves, Full Back
- The first choice front row is a match for most other Premiership front rows
- Recruitment for next season might look lacking in some eyes but there in element of shrewdness about it.
- The squad had a resilience, we saw it today, and games are no longer given away in the last 10 minutes.

There are of course issues to be addressed. We all know that consistency, particularly in away games, will be the coaches' objective next season - as it was of course for this!

So, targets for next season? 9 home wins, 4 away, 50 league points - and an average gate of 9,000 (which will happen if the wins happen). That would do nicely.

Now, I really must get down to New Road this summer after failed last year. Priorities, priorities.

Posted by: Drahm for England (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 08:38

Yet another great ending to a match this season, I suppose we shouldn't have expected anything less!

Duncan Weir has been the star signing and from chatting to him after the game yesterday, a really nice guy too who was very humble & self deprecating about that final kick!

One comment on the referee. It might have been his first game & I'm sure he'll learn but missed far, far too much IMO on both sides. Knock-ons by us, high tackles by Sarries & some very inconsistent reffing of time competing for the ball at ruck time. He was obviously trying to let the game flow but when it flows too far, the players tend to start reffing it themselves, hence the fisticuffs at times!

Posted by: nsw1654 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 08:53

Kiddy kid says "However, with a ref making his Prem debut I believe, some of the decisions were mind boggling and of them went against us.......and as for the touch judges , well, best left alone."

I agree to some degree. The ref started reasonably well and lost focus as the match went on. The assistant ref Mr Dix was 'coaching' and advising which was good to hear. The other assistant .. well I might as well have run up and down waiving my Warriors flag!! COYW

Posted by: BridgnorthBaloo (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 09:20

Agreed! If we could show that level of commitment and then have Sarries level of precision we would be a decent side. Problem is we have to be 100% on it to be competitive!

Posted by: Day tripper (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 10:38

I for one was thoroughly entertained yesterday with both sides playing good rugby (apart from a few silly mistakes) . I thought we deserved the win and the team were very obviously pleased with themselves. Ref was OK, with the aide of the ref link , the decisions were made clearer then trying to determine what was happening without it. Just wish people on here would be more positive when we win. We have the best pairing at 9 and 10 than we have ever had and Im really looking forward to next season . Ticket purchased already.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 10:45

Our coaching team have done well however they should look carefully at some of the Sarries coaching and copy it. Examples include the way that they set up a defensive pod to ensure that they secure the ball at the start of play their kick and chase and their very aggressive defence.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 11:40

Considering Duncan and Doak are new to the premiership we've not done too badly. It's one thing joining a new team, another thing a new league, especially when that league is the premiership.

Unfortunately I missed the game as I foolishly booked a holiday, but so happy we finished about Tigers.

I agree with A38's well written post. Onwards and hopefully upwards, we've lost a few players but fingers crossed the new ones turn out to be special.

Posted by: Old Col (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 12:16

The score really flattered Saracens-- their boring kick /chase game plan of old and despite Their highly talented pair of wings and centres no creative running against an excellent defence. One lucky try and one possibly favourable bounce for their other ;blatant offside repeatedly in the first half ,excellent penalty kicking by their scrumhalf ( who actually saved an otherwise certian try by us and played very well overall )against 4 well constructed tries and a kicking masterclass by Weir.AND I do not buy the implicit suggestion from some quarters that their team consisted of 12 academy players--they may have been THROUGH the Saracens Academy ,but they were not all currently so. Nor do I accept this was a scratch team of second string players--when it was announced on the Saracens web site it was greeted as a strong team !Sure we nearly lost it through penalties-but what a scrum at the death.I would have liked to have seen Mills,Venter ,Heem ,Mama and our academy graduates playing . Saracens turned out the best team they could given their circumstances and so did we. Nobody should take anything away from our guys by suggesting that they were playing anything but a well coached and strong team.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 12:27

Excellent review Old Col. that all makes perfect sense to me.

And Fiver, I join you in being miserable about missing it. But at least you were on holiday, I had to sit through nearly 2 hours of mass and first communions for 18 Irish 8 year olds. One of whom was a grandson, so it was a three-line whip.

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 13:58

Quote:
TeflonTed
Excellent review Old Col. that all makes perfect sense to me.
And Fiver, I join you in being miserable about missing it. But at least you were on holiday, I had to sit through nearly 2 hours of mass and first communions for 18 Irish 8 year olds. One of whom was a grandson, so it was a three-line whip.

Religion's got a lot to answer for, Ted.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Posted by: Patgadd (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 14:04

Quote:
Brummagem Bertie

Religion's got a lot to answer for, Ted.

Yes; it's already hijacked the Winter solstice (Christians) and Easter (first by the Jews, then by the Christians), and now the rugby season. What's next? The FA cup final?

Posted by: Sara'sman (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 14:25

Congratulations on your win - no complaints from me, with a little more precision in your centres it would have been more comfortable. Though with a little more in our scrum perhaps different! As always I enjoyed my visit, your crowd (and profile, great to see so many families walking to the ground) once again vocal, enthusiastic and good company.

Once (/if) you experience a period of success and get that North Stand built Sixways will be an intimidating ground for your opponents, especially under lights on Friday nights. Enjoy the summer, I hope you find quality replacements for those you've lost/returned, especially the excellent Adams and Heem. Good to see the ground rise for the departing Arr, and to hear the splattering of applause following the mention of our victory last week.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net