Shane Williams: Drop Adams
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 22:31

Wales online

Going to Cardiff may yet turn out to be a mistake.

JP

Re: Shane Williams: Drop Adams
Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 23:48

He suggested similar in TRP, based on a return to full form of North, a fully fit Halfpenny, and of course Liam Williams, currently un-droppable.

Well, hes got to write something hasnt he.

Id be astonished if theyre not all in the squad, and which 3 out of those 4 starts is going to be a last minute decision, but Id back Josh, with Halfpenny on the bench.

Posted by: Eastrrr Bunny (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 07:31

Without data your just another person with an opinion.

These ex stars need to realise this and stop trading on former glory.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 08:20

How often are North, Halfpenny and Williams all fit and on form at the same time? I think Josh's place is fairly secure in the squad, if not the XV. He'll only get better with age as well so I wouldn't worry about him. If it turns out he's not the best in his position then that's how it works.

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 08:22

Quote:
Fiver
How often are North, Halfpenny and Williams all fit and on form at the same time? I think Josh's place is fairly secure in the squad, if not the XV. He'll only get better with age as well so I wouldn't worry about him. If it turns out he's not the best in his position then that's how it works.

Yes.

And being in Cardiff can only help, not hinder. (Imho)

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 08:24

Being in Cardiff, and not Worcester, I'd say is a necessity.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 08:27

Quote:
Faithful_City
Wales online
Going to Cardiff may yet turn out to be a mistake.

JP

Arguably surrendering meekly in the face of larger challenges to your place would be a bigger mistake.

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 09:00

4 good players with 3 starting berths means 1 top player will be missing out. Adams will be in there squad thats for certain but the nature of international sport means he will be fighting for his place. I certainly don't think going to Cardiff will be a mistake for his international career as if he didn't he would be eligible for the squad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net