Current Page: 1 of 5
Jed has gone ....
Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 11:09

Well this should brighten up the board for a couple of days

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 11:10 by Garym.

Re: Jed has gone ....
Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 11:14

I'm guessing one of two things:

1. Conspiracy theory time, Jed was the front man to look nice enough to buy the club before the mafia step in.
2. The more likely situation that the guys with the money want to do it themselves as they don't trust Jed. A bit like the second restaurant that never does as well as the first, managers just don't have the same drive as owners.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 11:26

Maybe he got bored of being called a ******* when all he was doing was his best so thought 'sod the lot of them' when another option came along

Maybe not, but it's an option c.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 11:53

It has been clear for a while that Ged has not been around much and has gone the way of Errol Pope. All very confusing and I guess we will never the know the ins and outs. I always found Ged approachable and open albeit that what he said didn't always add up. I wish him well and we now put our trust in two chaps who we really don't know, but am told by someone who should that they are good people.

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 11:59

Quote:
Fiver
I'm guessing one of two things:
1. Conspiracy theory time, Jed was the front man to look nice enough to buy the club before the mafia step in.
2. The more likely situation that the guys with the money want to do it themselves as they don't trust Jed. A bit like the second restaurant that never does as well as the first, managers just don't have the same drive as owners.

Blimey if 1 is true there really is trouble ahead!

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 14:48

Oh dear, I'm so shocked...

JP

Date: 12 June, 2019 15:05

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 15:30

Nice picture of them here

[www.thevisitor.co.uk]

Was it the cufflinks that...

Date: 12 June, 2019 16:08

The Allen's want out.

Club is put up for sale

Griffiths puts in an offer which is refused - alleged fallout with Greg Allen?

1 other interested consortium.

Greg Allen sells to Jed McCrory led consortium, including Errol Pope and Seymore. Pope website written by an illiterate, he never turns up neither does Seymore.

The whole existing board resigns and leaves the club.

McCrory has a proven dubious financial/management history.

Supporters request a meeting with McCrory or his management team several times to update them on what his plans are for the club. He and his management team refuse all requests.

McCrory meets 6 Supporters for 5 mins in the club bar just before kick off. No feedback from him or any of the supporters present.

Whitingham and Goldring announced as directors on the board. They are already co-owners of Morecambe FC.

Whitingham and Goldring announced as co-owners of Warriors

CVC invest £200m in the premiership to be shared by the 13 shareholders
Clubs.

Morecambe are put up for sale

McCrory leaves the club now owned by Whitingham and Goldring

You're having a laugh!11

Forgive me for saying, but I do not believe we are in safe hands.

JP

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 16:40

Quote:
JP
McCrory meets 6 Supporters for 5 mins in the club bar just before kick off. No feedback from him or any of the supporters present.

I could go through your whole post JP, but I can't be bothered, to be honest. I can't let that particular statement go, however.

The meeting wasn't for 5 minutes just before kick off, but for 15-20 minutes. There was also feedback posted on here from several of the supporters present. There was also feedback at the WRSC AGM.

The really important bit you've neglected to mention, however, is that you were invited too, I believe, and said you would attend, withdrawing late on. If you were so keen to question Ged, therefore, you had your chance and blew it, basically.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Date: 12 June, 2019 16:50

15 to 20 minutes wow!!

I pulled out and told him and the WWSC chairman I was not going to meet in a bar just before KO for such an important meeting. It made a mockery of the meeting and I felt it was extracting the urine.

Obviously you think differently, we all have standards.

I certainly did not, in your words "blow it"

I refused to be treated so shabbily.

Lets see how it all ends up shall we.

JP

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 16:53

Clearly the chap representing the new owners didn’t see it as an “important meeting” did he?

Date: 12 June, 2019 17:06

I am putting the new owners in the same bracket as Ben T'eo

I think the suppoerters are too far down the road, they have taken against them, and will interpret everything to fit that picture.

Date: 12 June, 2019 17:18

I certainly haven't taken against them and I don't interpret everything to fit any picture.

I have laid out a timetable as best I can remember everyone can "interpret" them anyway they wish.

Mine is that I don not believe we are in safe hands.

That does not mean they are in "bad" hands.

JP

Date: 12 June, 2019 17:22

Unsafe and bad are surely synonyms?

You have also stated Morcambe FC is up for sale. Something they have categorically denied.

They have said they will listen to the right offers....but if someone offered me £5000 for my old nail of a car - I'd listen.

It doesn't mean it's up for sale.

You have interpreted that selectively. Not me.

Date: 12 June, 2019 17:35

It is clearly up for sale the rest is smoke and mirrors.

Not in safe hands is not the same as in unsafe hands.

Bad is not a synonym of unsafe or not safe.

JP

Date: 12 June, 2019 17:46

JP - that is an interpretation. You have decided it is all smoke and mirrors, and when you apply your judgment to it it ceases to be a fact and starts to be an opinion.

So d't include it in a list of facts and say anyone is interpreting it their own way, when your hand is clearly on the steering wheel.

Speaking of hands.

So - you are saying that the hands are not safe. Can you please define this position of an absence of safety, which is not unsafe?

And I would say that in the vast majority of cases, unsafe is considered 'bad'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 17:48 by TVM Rides Again.

Posted by: The Mailman (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 17:54

OK. I'm completely confused. What the hell does all this mean to an ordinary supporter who hasn't had the time to delve into every detail re: the takeover?

I'm guessing absolutely nobody knows. All I know is that Morecombe FC were promoted from the conference 11 seasons ago and they've constantly flirted with relegation and have never finished above 11th. Sounds like a good fit for us come to think of it!

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 18:06

Since we’re talking about confusion......

Let’s consider the (confusing) question of Morecombe Football Club being not for sale.

This from the official club statement of 28th May:-

“Morecambe Football Club has not been put up for sale......Jason said: “We have always tried to be very open.........Colin and I would consider the right offer from the right buyer...........But that has not yet been received”

I’ve edited it a bit.

Date: 12 June, 2019 18:08

You personally would say that, but the english language does not!

You have your views which is fine, I hope you are right, but i will not have a pop at you for your views or use minutia to trash them. Please allow me the same curtesy.

We have different opinions on what is happening(which is a good thing)only time will tell.

As I have laid out above it leads me to believe we are not in safe hands, obviously you do.

JP

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net