Jed McRory
Posted by: WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2019 20:54

Have just read that he’s taken up a position on the board of Yeovil Town FC.

Re: Jed McRory
Posted by: Abmatt (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2019 21:53

OMG

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2019 22:15

There’s a club statement saying new owners want confidentiality until deal is completed, and local speculation that this is indeed the serial take-over merchant well known in these parts.

This concludes my interest in things McCrory.

Posted by: nsw1654 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2019 22:18

Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Have just read that he’s taken up a position on the board of Yeovil Town FC.

See my post in Jed has gone’ thread

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2019 22:48

Linky thing

I wonder if McCrory wrote the Errol Pope web site?

We have been sold down the river by the Allen's

JP

Posted by: Moyles (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2019 23:04

How were we sold down the river, JP?

Date: 20 June, 2019 23:04

I read the piece on ciderspace that JP links to above. They’re not impressed are they.

Mind you ....people in glass houses etc etc....

They say:-
“GM McCrory" represents his full legal name of Gerald Martin McCrory. His timeline includes a December 2016 post relating to an FA Cup Second Round match between Luton Town and Solihull Moors - at that time a club he was a Director at. The account is also friends with a BBC Points West presenter that would have been working for the BBC around the time that McCrory was Swindon Town's owner. “

Firstly, he’s Gerard, not Gerald, (if they want to be accurate), secondly, the piece itself is garbled.

I had promised not to be interested any further, but it’s such a load of nonsense it’s so tempting.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2019 08:22

Ted, after reading your comment I think the ciderspace person has updated the spelling as it now reads Gerard. Never in your wildest dreams could you have imagined you'd have so much power (Sm22)

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2019 08:22

Quote:
Moyles
How were we sold down the river, JP?

He has many theories.

Date: 21 June, 2019 08:47

Quote:
Fiver
Ted, after reading your comment I think the ciderspace person has updated the spelling as it now reads Gerard. Never in your wildest dreams could you have imagined you'd have so much power (Sm22)

Ooh it’s spooky innit.....this social media stuff.

In the old days when a published piece contained laughable errors one could cut it out and put it in a folder, and chuckle at it for ever.
Now errors just drift away into cyberspace............or even ciderspace.

What a great name for an online blog by the way.

Posted by: FlipFlop (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2019 07:23

Use doing the Redditch Borough Sports thing still, or has that ended as a result of the Yeovil Town FC ‘opportunity?

Does anyone know if he had a part to play in our new owners acquiring Morecambe FC?

Posted by: Old 7 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2019 09:12

[quote TeflonTed

In the old days when a published piece contained laughable errors one could cut it out and put it in a folder, and chuckle at it for ever.
Now errors just drift away into cyberspace............or even ciderspace..

Isn't screenshotting the modern day equivalent?

Date: 23 June, 2019 19:26

Good point... but where you file them for later retrieval,? my apple cloud currently shows 11,759 images, however much time I spend organising albums confusion often prevails!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net