Ulster v Cardiff
Posted by: robin58 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 April, 2017 15:14

Cardiff Blues team : Rhun Williams; Alex Cuthbert, Rey Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, Blaine Scully; Gareth Anscombe, Lloyd Williams; Gethin Jenkins, Matthew Rees, Taufa'ao Filise, George Earle, Jarrad Hoeata, Ellis Jenkins, Sam Warburton, Josh Navidi

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Corey Domachowski, Kieron Assiratti, James Down, Nick Williams, Tomos Williams, Steve Shingler, Matthew Morgan.

Thank God Morgan not starting

Re: Ulster v Cardiff
Posted by: capsgon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 April, 2017 15:24

Yep.
Shame he's on the bench, really
#enoughisenough

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2017 15:26 by capsgon.

Posted by: pieroblue (IP Logged)
Date: 07 April, 2017 10:36

massively embarrassed by all the so called blues fans clambering for Morgan to go.. #supportyourplayers.

Instead of trying to buy a quality squad like the big English and French clubs do, why not embrace the fact we have one of the best most exciting open play full backs in the pro12 (and he's welsh) and try and focus on getting the coaches to improve his defensive weaknesses. try supporting a blue whos down, not stabbing him in the back.

Posted by: capsgon (IP Logged)
Date: 07 April, 2017 10:43

What nonsense.
Look at the support Alex gets when he's going through a rough patch.
The guy is just not good enough, and wasn't at the Ospreys or Bristol.
Shame, but there it is

Posted by: cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
Date: 07 April, 2017 13:59

Quote:
pieroblue
massively embarrassed by all the so called blues fans clambering for Morgan to go.. #supportyourplayers.
Instead of trying to buy a quality squad like the big English and French clubs do, why not embrace the fact we have one of the best most exciting open play full backs in the pro12 (and he's welsh) and try and focus on getting the coaches to improve his defensive weaknesses. try supporting a blue whos down, not stabbing him in the back.

Morgan is not one of the most exciting fullbacks in the pro12. He 's a poor rugby player who has far more wrong with his game than just a lack of interest in tackling.

Rhun Williams on the other hand, is potentially a 30-40 cap Welsh international fullback and should be starting every game until the end of season.

Posted by: cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
Date: 07 April, 2017 14:11

And, regarding Capsgon's comparison with Cuthbert...

I've stood up for Cuthbert all season. Ive lost my temper a couple of times because I think he's been treated unfairly. Im delighted at the form he's shown the last few weeks.

Morgan, I also think gets treated unfairly. In the sense that it seems people are far too willing to overlook his mistakes.

Posted by: theflier (IP Logged)
Date: 08 April, 2017 23:59

Cuthbert has rightly come in to strong flack, his knock ons at crucial points have lost games, but unlike morgan it is very evident he knows its not good enough and no one can deny his current resolve, he is worthy of his starting spot, and I hope he continues upwards. I feel between James, fish and Rhun being out morgan has probably played more than he ever should or wouldve, He's not any good, he never has been,and seems disinterested in fixing his amateur-esque aspects, send him to the drags

Posted by: sionlikesmusic (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2017 15:50

Moving back to the subject of the thread, a very good performance from us out in Ulster, albeit not against a full strength Ulster team. Our intensity in attack can't be faulted, I just wish we could see the same intensity in defence.

Personally I don't see what f*cking use Graham Steadman has been, and the fact that we still let so many easy tries / line breaks happen is the most embarrassing and frustrating thing. It may be naive to say this, but I don't think - that pounding from the Ospreys at the start of the season & the last 30 minutes of the Gloucester game - I've seen us been dominated by any team in any game that I've seen this season. Most of the time, it seems that our errors (in defence, handling, playing the right plan in the right area) are what get teams over the line against us.

That's not to say we've been outstanding in every game, but in the most recent two league games we could have (and, for my money, should have) won against top four opposition. If we can cut out those aspects of our game then I genuinely think we can be as good as everyone on here expects us to be. Yes, the quality of certain parts of the squad need improving, but in spite of that fact we have managed to compete in a lot of games that - by some people's opinions - we had no right to.

Posted by: theflier (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2017 16:39

Lets say what we all know, no other team in the legue can compete with the attack of our backs. if we had half the pack of glasgow or leinster, top 4 would be ours, we need to make keeping anscombe and lee-lo top priority

Posted by: wales606 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2017 19:27

I think the defensive structure is there at times. Problem seems to be fitness, in the second half and particularly the last 20 minutes the defense is abysmal, but has looked good at the start of the match when we have good linespeed.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net