New Head Coach of Cardiff RFC
Posted by: Martynwilliamsno1fan (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2017 20:37

I see that it`s announced that the New Head Coach is going to be Steve Law previously of Bedwas RFC at the helm there for 16 Years. I say to myself about is pedigree, what has Bedwas won in the top flight at that time. (I believe it`s nothing). It seems to me he`s going to fit into the Cardiff Blues set of things.
My belief, the Blues shouldn`t have a say in whose going to be the new coach.
Over a year ago Peter Thomas made a statement about the poor position of the RFC in the League, what happened this season we actually got worse, if it wasn`t for winning the last 2 games we would have finished bottom. Peter was that better! Disgraced, we where classed as a Tier2 team.
This season I lost heart going to watch the RFC play, because they where very poor and to top it all, we lost to Pontypool in the Swalec cup on a Saturday night being totally outplayed and hardly any Cardiff Supporters there that night.
I believe there was better coaches out of work with more experience at a higher level such as Justin Burnell, Nigel Davies to go for. (No disrespect to Steve).
I`ve been a supporter of Cardiff RFC firstly for over 50years, the last success Premiership Champions in 2009, I wouldn`t say anything, if we had been a losing Finalist in the Challenge or Swalec Cups, that would be something.
I normally a positive person but I`m not holding out much hope for any success next season with regards to the RFC. (Lets hope I wrong).

Re: New Head Coach of Cardiff RFC
Posted by: cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 18:10

In fairness, Bedwas have done better in the prem over that time than CRFC have?

Seems there may be big changes at CRFC next season. Time will tell i suppose.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net