Heineken Cup campaign
Posted by: TTC. (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2018 15:17

Cardiff are set to add to their proud history in Europe after returning to the top tier starting their campaign against Lyon on Sunday.

Looking at the league so far we will probably have to fight like hell to stay above Connacht and the Ospreys to secure the third playoff place and a spot in next year's competition. I still think we should throw everything at the Heineken Cup while we're still in it, the group is tough but could be worse.

I'm sure we will select our strongest possible team this weekend and look to get something out of the away trip before facing Glasgow. Lyon are much better this year but I still think it's the away game to target.

How do people think Europe should be approached? All in or concentrate on the Pro14?

Re: Heineken Cup campaign
Posted by: southcoast5 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2018 18:31

All in. This is Cardiff we’re talking about !

Posted by: TTC. (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2018 11:11

Team has been announced, a little bit of rotation between the bench and the starting team, notably no Nick Williams and Manoa on the bench. Midfield defence shores up with the introduction of Garyn Smith as well. Looks like a good team but possibly a bit light up front if it rains. Game plan must be to run around them.

Cardiff Blues: Gareth Anscombe, Owen Lane, Garyn Smith, Willis Halaholo, Jason Harries, Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams; Rhys Gill, Kristian Dacey, Dillon Lewis, Macauley Cook, Josh Turnbull, Olly Robinson, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi.

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Brad Thyer, Dmitri Arhip, Rory Thornon, Samu Manoa, Lloyd Williams, Rey Lee-Lo, Aled Summerhill

Posted by: southcoast5 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2018 15:16

Is Nick Williams injured .

Posted by: Craig Muncey (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2018 15:29

Quote:
southcoast5
Is Nick Williams injured .

Rested according to reports.

Posted by: neilcardiff (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2018 18:52

mulville not got a clue hes done this every game since beginning of season and look how its backfired in the first three games this season when is he going to let the side settle all these changes every game is unsettling

Posted by: theflier (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2018 21:26

I think this team is a little bit of, we;ll lose, but score 4 tries and maybe a LBP about it.
Which is about right considering its a french team, at home, in diabolical conditions.
Glasgow next week should be all guns blazing

Posted by: Rich. (IP Logged)
Date: 15 October, 2018 20:52

Quote:
neilcardiff
mulville not got a clue hes done this every game since beginning of season and look how its backfired in the first three games this season when is he going to let the side settle all these changes every game is unsettling

No he has got a clue and luckily he picked a VERY mobile back row which mullered them!

Posted by: NEIL CARDIFF (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 09:40

and with a different ref . lewis would have been in the bin for getting desroyed at the scrum . we were lucky in that we got better of them at the breakdown and in the loose, i different ref could have seen it differently . with the result being different. was a great win dont get me wrong but all this changing every game is not good thats why it cost us the first three games come the end of the season them points lost will be the difference between a playoff place in the pro14 and not . thats why i say mulville has not got a clue

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net