Well it will be good for them to feel real defeat
Posted by: Kath... (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 18:47

espec., against Scotland

- they will not forget that match it will stay bitter in their memories which is a good thing in preparation for next year

ok

onwards and upwards

Re: Well it will be good for them to feel real defeat
Posted by: Luddite (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 19:36

Yes, it was real.

Posted by: EssexWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 20:35

Why does no-one come on here anymore?

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 09:47

Fair point Kath, we were shown up and hopefully learned some lessons.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 12:52

Quote:
EssexWasp
Why does no-one come on here anymore?

Because it will turn into a Jones bun fight. And neither side of that argument is tolerant of the other sides points.

Jones is now marmite, the honeymoon well and truly and in the bin.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 20:04

I think someone has missed EW's point here. It would be great to see a realistic number of posters on this part of the forum.

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2018 09:42

One completely uninspiring loss could be seen as character building etc but two in a row, no. The cracks were apparent for 55 minutes in Italy and 70 minutes (the last 70) against Wales. Eddie needs to make changes, not just in team selection but preparation and approach. He will get it right I am sure, (if not in time me for Saturday).

No panic measures required, we haven't become a poor team overnight. It would be good to see a positive reaction this Saturday though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2018 14:31 by Tigersfan1.

Posted by: Shy Ann (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2018 11:27

He hasnt got that much playing time left to get it right now. Cant see him putting a side together to challenge Ireland let alone New Zealand. Started well, just hasnt developed the side enough over the last year like the other 6 Nations teams have with smaller resources.

Date: 14 March, 2018 19:49

Quote:
Shy Ann
He hasnt got that much playing time left to get it right now. Cant see him putting a side together to challenge Ireland let alone New Zealand. Started well, just hasnt developed the side enough over the last year like the other 6 Nations teams have with smaller resources.

Quite, teams have sussed England out and there is no plan B.
I'd currently say we were behind Scotland and France in that they can take us in a cup game with no home advantage.
Wales are closer than you'd like too.

Breakdown not fixed for 3 years and if Scotland can take advantage there you can bet other sides can too.
People are saying small margins but equally we've won games by small margins we could easily have lost.
Lack of development is a major fail for me.

Date: 15 March, 2018 07:26

I expect England to lose this weekend but even if they claw some respect back it still won't hide the blindingly obvious feeling that this England is not good enough. England made hay against teams that were rebuilding... And now those same teams are further along in development.
We are playing the same team, the same way from day one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net