Rugby Players Association Awards
Posted by: 1spy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2017 09:31

Championship Player of the Year Mark Bright.

Re: Rugby Players Association Awards
Posted by: old prop steve (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2017 12:13

Remarkable bloke given he is now 38. Easily Ealing's best forward in the semis with Irish.

Allegedly he was on a amazing deal while at Redruth but I was always surprised Pirates never signed him as they had done with Nat Saumi, Rocky Newton, Richard Carroll and a few others. May have been the money or perhaps the coaches at the time didnt fancy him enough.

Posted by: bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2017 16:18

Totally agree "OP Steve". We who have also watched Redruth rugby over many years always wondered why he was never considered for the Pirates......a class player who always seemed to score against us!!

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2017 19:40

Maybe he wanted too much money. Fantastic player, amazing no premiership clubs wanted him.

Posted by: Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 09:58

I asked Mark about this a while ago and the reason he declined offers from Championship and Premiership clubs earlier in his career is that he always went back to New Zealand in our summer to play NPC rugby. He wants to play all the time and even up until recently he was on the summer 7s circuit whilst playing for London Scottish. Not sure what his arrangement with Ealing is but it wouldn't surprise me if he's still on the 7s circuit. A lot of pro clubs wouldn't allow their full-time players to do that... hence no move to the Pirates.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net