Pirates v Bristol
Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 08:40

Weather is OK, but going to blow a hooly around 4pm. C'mon Pirates, give 'em 'ell, give 'em brockley!
Give us a "P"!!!

Re: Pirates v Bristol
Posted by: northyorkspirate (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 09:54

On paper Bristol should win but fortunately we are playing on grass. Come on you Pirates!!!!!

Posted by: SJP (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 10:04

Quote:
northyorkspirate
On paper Bristol should win but fortunately we are playing on grass. Come on you Pirates!!!!!

Or as somebody on the Bris forum said "a paddyfield" if it rains.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

Posted by: airdog (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 11:23

northyorkspirate , when you visit Ashton Gate you will also be playing on grass

Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 11:47

BBC Radio Cornwall are commentating on this one. [www.bbc.co.uk] the commentary starts just before 1430.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 11:49 by cornishbob.

Posted by: wigston pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 13:15

Getting ready to tune in now.

(Sm109)

Posted by: Skilly Beach (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 15:41

Great effort from the team to come back in they way they did. Play with that spirit for the season and we have a lot to look forward to

Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 16:15

I know we lost but that's for the coaches and players to dissect. Great game to watch and we have in this side a total belief in what they are doing and refusing to roll over when all seems lost. Inspired captaincy and a whole lot to look forward to, absolutely sure we'll win more than we'll lose. Short turn round now and then it's Jersey away on Friday - another real toughy. Bristol certainly knew they were in a match today.

Posted by: welshpirate (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 16:51

A great day, thoroughly great fun....

1. Thank you Bristol fans for being such fun and good sports...I am sure you will get promoted.
2. Well done you southern hemisphere officials for ignoring offside from both side and hence making the game more free flowing.
3. Hats' off to David Lemi for his tries and general play-still got it. The true heartbeat of Bristol.
4. Thanks also to the Bristol No 6 for not snapping our players in half, which I am sure he could have done as he was so huge.
5. Finally, we done the Pirates they could have folded (and very nearly won it), but they threw off the shackles and really went for it. Cowan-Dickie was everywhere,as was Cheeseman. De Battista was a fabulous ball carrier and tackler. The pack were awesome as always (great lineouts too) and Will Cargill was a revelation when he came one....great tries from O'Meara and Moyle. I am sure we will be challenging very strongly for a top 4 spot. Hope Mr Evans enjoyed it despite the result.

Posted by: Pirate15 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 18:01

Great effort by the boys to come back from 20 points down early in the 2nd half and push promotion favourites Bristol all the way. Set piece was solid and despite one or two missed tackles the boys showed a lot of commitment in defence against a dangerous Bristol side who had a lot of pace out wide. Hopefully we can get in a good recovery this week before friday nights game in Jersey.

Posted by: KingoftheHill (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 14:33

Guys, thanks for a great experience (and a real squeaky bum at the end!)

Only one disappointment (and I can live with the weather!) . . . didn't have chance to savor a real pasty as they were sold out shortly after the half-time whistle! Great sausage roll, but not a pasty!! [:wor kid:]

Posted by: Bristol Cornish (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 08:56

What a fantastic day I had in my old 'stomping ground'.

Beers (and a guided tour!) in the Benbow followed by a fantastic game of rugby. Meeting some old friends and making some new ones - (nearly) worth being relegated for!

I'm angling to spend New Year down there so I can go to the Jersey game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net