S4C - ARTICLE BY CEO PETER CHILD
Posted by: bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 08:48

Very positive report in today's on-line "Cornwall Live" by Peter Child on why 6 million is wanted now...sorry guys, I still can't "do" linky things!!!

Re: S4C - ARTICLE BY CEO PETER CHILD
Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 09:06

Posted by: Corsair (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 12:17

Just the same begging bowl over and over again. If it is such a good idea and will be self funding etc. etc. Use your own money or borrow the money yourself and make it happen. Sorry but the finances and running costs just don't work for a team with 11 home matches, a school, and football club that gets a crowd of a few hundred. Reality is its a very risky project and that is why the money is still not there.

Posted by: 1spy (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 14:14

Corsair did you say the same thing about The Eden Project? Eden has brought millions of pounds into the Local Cornish economy.Now they are building Eden projects in Dubai and China.

Date: 31 January, 2018 14:58

With a name like Corsair I would assume you to be a Pirate supporter, if so why so much negativity? Things will only work if you make them work, defeat before you start means being stuck with what you have and only ever going backwards. Perhaps you might want to look at Exeter Chiefs, before they moved they were only getting crowds of 1000 and often less as we are now. With proper planning and being run with forward thinking dedicated people not only will the Pirates prosper buy so will Truro City, Cornwall College and any other business or organisation involved and there will be many. It will provide full time work, attract tourists year round and provide entertainment of various sorts just to name but a few things. At this present moment we as a county are the only one in the UK that doesn't have such a facility that can and will encourage it's youngsters to stay and develop. We are in imminent danger of becoming a dead end at the end of the country full of retired fuddy duddies with no youth left to make Cornwall prosper or any ambition to move forward. At least if it fails (which it won't) you can at least say you tried and not look back in a few years wishing you had at least given it a go. It's a once in a generation (not yours obviously) opportunity and should be grabbed with both hands. Lets not forget either that if it wasn't for the stalling tactics and goalposts being constantly moved over the last 8 years we would by now be up and running and it wouldn't have cost the taxpayer a penny.

Posted by: bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 15:25

One thing I don't particularly like about this forum, is the anonymity of all correspondents using names like Pirate 15, I-Spy, Cornish Bob, Bolingey Pirate etc etc. To this end, "Corsair" is another, and to be honest, one I haven't seen before.
The New Pirates Forum on Facebook uses actual names, which I prefer,
I wonder if "Corsair" isn't an elderly ex councillor from Four Lanes by any chance?? (only joking !!!)

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 15:37

Corsair's description of Truro College as "a school shows" the depth of knowledge he/she has.

Date: 31 January, 2018 17:02

Bolingey I have no problem telling anyone who I am as I guess most on here don't. There are however a few that use the anonymity of fictitious names as cover for their own sometimes destructive ends as you so rightly implied.

Posted by: Trurotommo (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 18:10

He's just a troll, 6 posts in 11 years, bet none of them were optimistic

Posted by: piratepilot (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 18:22

I 'graduated' from Truro College a few years ago and it's definitely not a school. It might as well be an established university as it had 5000+ students while I was there. Corsair's not thinking straight.

Posted by: SJP (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 18:33

Unfortunately Corsair's attitude is all to prevalent here in Cornwall, far too many who don't want to change a thing.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

Posted by: retfordpirate (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 18:59

Having read the article in the West Briton I continue to be amazed at some of the totally unbalanced and un-researched comments. I wonder if all comments that have been posted have been moderated or that their moderator has needed to step in and moderate some of the comments. I can only presume that they must be far better informed about the financial details of any agreement than any of the involved interested parties.

I am biased, this I admit. I attend homes games and as many away games I can manage and afford.

I am a supporter. I continue to keep the faith and believe that it will happen.

(Sm109)(Sm109)

P.S. See you Saturday (Sm128)

Remember the past. Aim for the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/01/2018 22:28 by retfordpirate.

Posted by: SAWTRY_PIRATE (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 19:30

Corsair......Ford built a car with that name back in the sixties...that wasn`t very popular either. Nuff said!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net