Current Page: 1 of 2
HARTBURY UPDATE, pitch inspection.
Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 12:38

Re: HARTBURY UPDATE, pitch inspection.
Posted by: Longrockerz2 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 13:29

Is the club looking at moving the game to a different venue maybe?

Date: 02 February, 2018 15:32

Maybe they'll reverse the fixture and play it at Hartbury, whatever happens it really needs to be played.

Posted by: 2Harbourview (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 16:25

its offski guys

Date: 02 February, 2018 16:49

At Hartbury tomorrow 4pm KO.So I'm led to believe

Posted by: Pirate15 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 18:20

You couldn't make it up but the game is now going ahead at Hartpury with a 4pm kick off. Despite offering alternative dates and venues the B&I cup organising committee have ordered us to play the game tomorrow at Hartpury. This is unbelievable and goes completely against the spirit of the game. They have now set a dangerous precedent.

Posted by: Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 18:35

Where is the ground-cannot see it marked on the map.

Posted by: retfordpirate (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 18:41

Google Hartpury College. Nice ground with a good grandstand. Had a cracking time there last year.

Remember the past. Aim for the future.

Date: 02 February, 2018 18:46

Great to see Alex Cheesman , Tom Cowan- Dickie and Matt Evans back to fitness and included in tomorrow's squad. Alex starts and the other 2 are on the bench.
[cornish-pirates.com]

Posted by: portreath21 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 18:58

Not to be disrespectful to the volunteers who put in countless hours on the ground but something like this was always likely to happen. Playing on a bog is not conducive to good rugby and hence we have to watch games like Jersey with their stick it up their jumper mentality and be bored to tears. If ever there was a reason to get into the new stadium with a decent playing surface this is it.

Posted by: SJP (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 20:10

Quote:
portreath21
Not to be disrespectful to the volunteers who put in countless hours on the ground but something like this was always likely to happen. Playing on a bog is not conducive to good rugby and hence we have to watch games like Jersey with their stick it up their jumper mentality and be bored to tears. If ever there was a reason to get into the new stadium with a decent playing surface this is it.

Although hopefully playable next week it's still going to be like a pudding so be prepared for another rolling maul fest as Carnegie come to town.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 21:32

Quote:
portreath21
Agree about the need for the stadium - but there are a lot poorer pitches than the Mennaye.
Looks like it's going to chuck it down in Gloucester for the game, so it'll be pretty soggy there I expect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 09:49 by *Stalwart.

Date: 02 February, 2018 21:46

It would be difficult to keep any pitch in a playable condition with the amount of rain we have had recently. I think I heard that we have had 56% more rain this January than our usual seasonal rainfall for the month.

Posted by: Pirate4ever (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2018 23:26

I'm not sure this is the first time this as ever happened - not sure it has set a new precedent

In fact didn't we play Birmingham at home twice one season when we were at Camborne?

Posted by: 1spy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2018 10:12

Redruth game on today 2PM.

Posted by: Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2018 10:25

Could not the match have been played at another pitch in Cornwall eg Camborne, Redruth, Hayle ?

Posted by: ascloseasthis (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2018 12:22

Summer rugby. Better all round

Date: 03 February, 2018 17:29

Pirates 41 Hartpury 0
Fantastic result , a totally dominant display by the Pirates scoring 7 tries ,to earn an away quarter final against Ealing.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2018 17:47

BBC has score as 41-0 to Hartpury. I'm more inclined to believe Pirate15.

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2018 17:50

Great effort - could be turning point for us. Unfortunately Jack Andrew injured early in the game.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net