Current Page: 1 of 2
Yorkshire Carnegie game off
Posted by: CAPTAIN BENBOW (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 09:43

Following an independent pitch inspection this morning the game has been postponed.

Re: Yorkshire Carnegie game off
Posted by: piratepilot (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 09:46

Oh bloody hell, the sooner this winter is over the better. That's a lot of revenue lost on postponed fixtures. There's got to be another ground this can be played at, we can't keep postponing fixtures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 09:50 by piratepilot.

Posted by: Pirate15 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 10:18

Moving to another venue would incur further costs. There is a free weekend in a fortnights time so I would expect it to be played then.

Posted by: Trurotommo (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 11:10

Saw it on the BBC yet the offy hasn't bothered to mention it yet, not very impressive is it?

Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 11:27

Trurotommo, just checked the offy site, definitely on there now. Maybe you were too early.

Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 11:28

Copied from the offy site -- Following a pitch inspection carried out by an independent official at the Mennaye Field today, it has been decided to postpone Sunday’s scheduled Cornish Pirates versus Yorkshire Carnegie match in the Greene King IPA Championship.

The ground has experienced very poor weather this winter, and with a forecast for further rain it was deemed likely that the pitch would once again be unplayable.

Supporters who purchased tickets in advance for this match should keep them safe for use when the rescheduled Round 15 fixture takes place, the date to be set by the RFU’s organising committee. Confirmation is expected quite soon, when a further announcement will be made through the usual channels.

Tickets for the new date will be available at the gates on the day, whilst in the meantime they can also be purchased either through the ticket office, telephone 01736-331961, or on-line. The ticket office is open Monday to Friday, from 9am until 12 noon.

For further information please visit www.cornish-pirates.com/tickets
For those wishing to enjoy match day Hospitality in the ‘ITEC’ Sponsored Marquee, please contact Robyn, telephone 01736 335318/email robyn.ashurst@cornish-pirates.com

Posted by: bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 11:44

Should have been thought about when we left Camborne in such a hurry!!
Sorry guys, that move still riles me, whatever the reason for it......and I'm not the only one!!

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 14:00

Quote:
bolingey pirate
Should have been thought about when we left Camborne in such a hurry!!
Sorry guys, that move still riles me, whatever the reason for it......and I'm not the only one!!
That's history now, so no point in going over it. There were good reasons for coming back to Penzance. We are where we are. Nobody can control the weather - it's been the wettest January in living memory.
Hope more people will be happy when we move to Truro!

Posted by: bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 14:31

Thanks Stalwart....I'm only being flippant...this bloody weather makes me bad tempered!!!

Date: 09 February, 2018 15:46

Quote:
bolingey pirate
Thanks Stalwart....I'm only being flippant...this bloody weather makes me bad tempered!!!
Me too, mate. Haven't been to rugby for bleddy ages, peed off big time!

Posted by: POSTS (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 16:34

Stalwart good reasons for leaving. Camborne.Are you serious.

Date: 09 February, 2018 17:59

Quote:
Stalwart good reasons for leaving. Camborne.Are you serious.
Yes.

Posted by: *baldric* (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 18:31

Well three of us managed to make the trip today, battled through the motorway closure, then discovered the game is off... Still, weekend drinking round the area. Benbow later!

Still a Tyke - whatever the name!

Date: 09 February, 2018 20:01

Game now confirmed for Feb 25th - let's hope it stops bleddy raining!

Posted by: 2Harbourview (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 20:35

Baldric - feel your pain. I hosted a mate from Gloucs when were due to play Hartpury and that got called off at 11am on the day. Still a weekend on the lash in Penwith is not a bad way to pass a few hours, and you'll just have to come back in a fortnight. Enjoy your weekend here and thanks for supporting our night time economy

Posted by: 1spy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 20:45

Stadium4Cornwall 3G all weather pitch. Keep faith in the future.Will Cornwall Councillors support the future?

Posted by: Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 10:09

If the rain continues we may have to go to Leeds.
How about Hayle, Redruth, dear old Camborne ?

Posted by: 1spy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 12:49

A matter of interest which one of those Grounds would be your choice?

Date: 11 February, 2018 12:53

Camborne for me.

Date: 11 February, 2018 12:57

Let's hope it doesn't come to it, but going to another ground could be done because Hayle, Reds and Camborne all have spare weekends on 24th/25th weekend.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net