Pirates v Bedford
Posted by: Pirate15 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 10:43

As expected their are a number of changes to the starting XV with 4 players away on international duty. Great to see back row Dan Lee make his first start of the season after injury and an opportunity for some players to make an impression before the next round of league matches. Looking forward to seeing the new half back pairing of Alex Schwarz and Javier Rojas Alvarez.
Full preview on the clubs website.

Re: Pirates v Bedford
Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 11:56

Looks an exciting selection - it will be entertaining v Bedford, always is!

Date: 11 November, 2018 11:05

Lovely day here in PZ - a great relief after the incessant rain of the past few days.
Get down The Mennaye and support the boys!
C'mon you Pirates..,arrgghh!

Posted by: Pirate15 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 19:39

A rather unconvincing performance but a welcome 4 pts to get our championship cup off to a winning start. Bedford were again well drilled and dangerous with the ball in hand as shown by the 3-1 try count. The pirates made a few line breaks but failed to capitalise on the possession or field position.High points were the MoM performance from Tom Cowan-Dickie, the return of Dan Lee and a couple of breath taking runs by Alec O' Meara.
We will need to produce a much better all round performance away to London Irish next sunday.

Posted by: 2Harbourview (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 09:58

Food and banter in hospitality top notch and had the great pleasure of sharing a table with the folks from Ferris Garage who sponsor Marlen and the parents of Alex Schwarz. It was lovely to be out in the sunshine and that's about the best you can say of the game. Both sides seemed to struggle with Dean Richards' interpretation of the off side law. We gifted them an interception by trying to force a pass which was not there when we might have scored ourselves.But for that we would have won more easily. Big Tom did a good job as captain and the team will be grateful he took the points when they were on offer. A bit of a worry that he hobbled off.
I thought Holden showed up well, he has genuine pace and he demonstrated, albeit with limited opportunity, that he has the confidence to use it

Date: 12 November, 2018 13:10

I thought the boys did pretty well. With some untried and untested combinations, especially in the backs, we put together some good moves and defended well. Bedford were very organised defensively and as always had some pacy and dangerous backs. Good to see Marlen and Tyler come on and make a big impact at scrum time. Xavier looked very classy and his goal kicking was the difference in the end. Happy with the win.

Posted by: Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 14:33

No doubt Bedford had new and untested players— 3-1 tries was not good— good job we kicked the penalties. Hope to see you at Hartpury , Harbour View— just had my new knee — resl plastic it is.

Posted by: Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 14:35

Sorry— real plastic it should be and Harbourview to be correct.

Posted by: 2Harbourview (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 21:02

Glad to hear it Cowship. I hope they looked after you and you are being diligent with your rehab. even chance Cheshire and I will be at Hartpury

Posted by: cheshire exile (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 10:05

I’ll be parading my new knee as well. #oldgitsrule

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net