Pirates v Hartpury
Posted by: Pirate15 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2018 15:49

There are a number of changes to last weeks team for Sunday's game against Hartpury.
On the bench is new hooker Charlie Gibbins. A warm welcome to Charlie I hope he enjoys his time at the Pirates.
Full preview is on the clubs website.

Re: Pirates v Hartpury
Date: 24 November, 2018 08:47

One change to the Pirates squad for tomorrow with John
Stevens replacing hooker Charlie Gibbings on the bench.

Posted by: cheshire exile (IP Logged)
Date: 25 November, 2018 16:56

According to Twitter a resounding win marred by a potentially serious injury to Tom Cowan Dickie. Any updates from Penzance based viewers? Fingers crossed itís not as bad as feared.

Posted by: Geoff DC (IP Logged)
Date: 25 November, 2018 17:00

According to reports Tom was up & walking soon after the end of the game

Date: 25 November, 2018 20:24

A very indifferent first 30 minutes when we gifted Hartpury a couple of easy scores. Thankfully we cut out the number of unforced errors and reduced the penalty count to go in ahead at the interval. The 2nd half was a much improved performance and we won with a bit to spare. A couple of sublime tries by Kyle Moyle and another superb individual effort from Alex O'Meara were the highlights of the game.
On twitter there is an update saying that Tom Cowan-Dickie after all precautions had been taken was up and walking around shortly after the game.

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 25 November, 2018 21:24

The main differences between first and second half were that we cut down the penalty count and handling errors. There was some excellent running and handling with some lovely skills, especially Rory Parata who can get the ball through his hands at amazing speed when a defender is right in his face. Xavier looks more assured with every game at 10, and his distribution and goal kicking were top notch - just missed touch with a couple of penalties which were the only blips in a very good performance. We need to do that again at Hartpury next week and hopefully give LI a real battle at The Mennaye. Then there'll be a big game at Goldington Road. Am I the only one actually getting quite excited about this competition?

Posted by: bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2018 13:26

I think yesterday's crowd of only 815 answers that point, Stalwart ???

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2018 18:00

Quote:
bolingey pirate
I think yesterday's crowd of only 815 answers that point, Stalwart ???
Just me then. The "stay aways" missed a very entertaining game.

Date: 26 November, 2018 20:50

One of Kyle Moyles 2nd half tries is up for try of the week. Please show your support and vote.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net