Your favourite Pirates/PZN era?
Posted by: AggiePirate (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2019 20:21

Following my post a month or so ago about 'where are they now?', I wonder what the best era was?
For me it was that title-winning season in division three south. Some of the rugby was scintillating, the sight of the whole team thundering down the pitch will stay with me forever!
OK, so some of the opposition was not that great, and the Pirates steamrolled over a few teams, but I felt it was never quite the same in the second division. Less spontaneous, more formulated.
What do we reckon?

Re: Your favourite Pirates/PZN era?
Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2019 23:20

That's a tough one Aggie. The whole journey from the Devon and Cornwall League to The Championship has been an incredible ride. I guess the most spectacular era was the time of Olonga, Saumi, Maasi, Laka, Newton et al when some of the attacking play was breathtaking. But then you think about the team under Chris Stirling and the two finals - that was very exciting. I've just loved the whole journey of watching all the local boys winning the Devon and Cornwall league at Falmouth all those years ago, then the influx of all the stars from around Cornwall. Then we started seeing these amazing players from Fiji, Tonga, New Zealand, Australia, Zimbabwe etc. I feel so lucky to have been part of it and I'll never forget the incredible input of RGRE who initially saved us from oblivion and then enabled us to go on our meteoric rise up the leagues.
The last few years have been a bit frustrating (although there have been some brilliant moments) because of the never ending delays on the stadium project - we just need to finally get the build started and we will be on our way again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net