Coventry 50 - 11 Moseley
Posted by: Unofficial Coventry Rugby (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 16:44

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Coventry 50 - 11 Moseley
Posted by: Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 16:46

Nat 1 results:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJS2bwUX0AEPuAV.jpg

Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 17:08

There are one or two unexpected ones there.

Didn't see the RP result coming, and Ampthill? By four? Hmmm.

Thought Cambridge might do better.

Context given to last week's Hull result by the much closer DMP one this week too.

Interesting division so far.

Date: 09 September, 2017 17:12

Just to add, a big thumbs-up for the programme this week, which I managed to get home without it looking like the dog had got at it. Lesson learned I hope?
I'll overlook the teething troubles with a few areas of it (except maybe to say that I was shocked to learn that Old Albanians no longer seem to be in the league...).

Date: 09 September, 2017 17:14

Oh, and don't forget Ben Palmer's try Russ. Sublime.

Posted by: Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 17:35

Totally agree regarding Palmer's try, Kimbo. Clearly another player with a ton of flair.

In fact it seems hardly fair to mention any individuals really because everyone in the squad played their part today, I thought.

And I don't believe Moseley are a poor side, but we gave them a bit of a pasting today. Fair play to Rowland Winter, he's recruited some terrific players, and more importantly seems to be making a team that is at least the sum of its parts. I don't mean that as faint praise,indeed the opposite. I think as we've seen in the past getting that right is a very hard thing to do.

Early days yet, but I'm very excited about this season!

Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 21:33

I believe Ampthill were 14 points down after 10 minutes and 14-7 at half time.

Posted by: Camera Shake (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 07:48

Not sure if it's worth doing highlights - two penalties and a try at the end - hardly worth it.

What do you lot think? (Sm100)

Posted by: Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 10:44

Only doubt from the game was the official attendance given as 2,100. It certainly looked quite full in the main stand,opposite and at the railway end.

Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 17:33

For the first time at the BPA , i had that special tingle down my spine, just as the team ran onto the pitch and the crowd greeted their team.
For the first time in many years , i saw a COVENTRY team play as ONE, but with the skills of individuals.
Optimism abounds.

Posted by: PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 18:44

Nice to read the following regarding Cov on Moseleys message board

"They were better bigger less error ridden less infringement culprits better tackling faster"

Read more: [moseleysupporters.proboards.com]

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net