Current Page: 1 of 2
Saturday's official attendance.....
Posted by: John Wilkinson (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 15:15

Thanks to all who attended, it is appreciated.

Re: Saturday's official attendance.....
Posted by: Charliebravo (Cliff Bennett) (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 14:21

How about this for a staggering statistic by way of comparison..........?
If Tom's figures on his "NL1 results round up" on the official website are to be believed (and there's no reason why they shouldn't) the attendance at Ampthill on Saturday when they entertained Old Albanian, who are all of 28 miles away therefore constituting the match as a local derby, was a wretched 311.
How on earth can a club harbour ambitions of Championship rugby against such dismal attendance figures?

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:12

Quote:
Charliebravo (Cliff Bennett)
How about this for a staggering statistic by way of comparison..........?
If Tom's figures on his "NL1 results round up" on the official website are to be believed (and there's no reason why they shouldn't) the attendance at Ampthill on Saturday when they entertained Old Albanian, who are all of 28 miles away therefore constituting the match as a local derby, was a wretched 311.
How on earth can a club harbour ambitions of Championship rugby against such dismal attendance figures?

They don't fund their team from gate receipts. They fund it from the pockets of a very pleasant little club.

IIRC a local motor dealer in that very wealthy belt is the main source of income.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:23

Hartpury and Richmond hardly have massive support but are not short of finances.

Posted by: Straightout (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 16:58

Ealing averaged under 500 when they got promoted and Richmond just under 600. But agreed it's not a sustainable model although if you can stay in the championship for more than a year it may work as funding is pretty substantial. Cov could have both income streams and have a great model for the championship. The interesting bit would be if we got promoted and survived a couple of seasons and started to challenge the top teams what interest that would generate in terms of fan numbers. Even in this league I suspect a promotion decider could get 4000. Coventry has heart and passion as a club and that won't go away.

Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 17:32

You might want to let Statbunker know John. They still have it as 2100. [rugby.statbunker.com]

Posted by: Charliebravo (Cliff Bennett) (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 19:23

You guys are right in the points you make, but a local derby of two teams less than 30 miles apart managing to encourage a grand total just in excess of 300 supporters?

Date: 12 September, 2017 20:44

Already have, but from experience I wouldn't hold your breath.

Date: 13 September, 2017 11:11

Quote:
John Wilkinson
Already have, but from experience I wouldn't hold your breath.
Fair point. Well made.

Posted by: John Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 14:56

Rest assured Steve, I will reflect the correct figure in the stats section of our match programme.

Posted by: covkid53 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 21:11

It seems the championship attendance's ranged from 512 to 2236, so we had the highest attendance outside the premiership. Good effort Cov :-)

Date: 14 September, 2017 12:37

I know you will John, but it'd be nice to see it corrected online as it'll be the highest in the league for some time. Ah well, we'll just have to beat it later in the season.

Posted by: John Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 15:58

As Wilko has commented Steve, it is very difficult to actually get through to Statbunker; believe me I tried last season over some try scoring stats & it never did get changed.

Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 16:27

There may well of only been just over 300 spectators at Ampthill , however there were 47 rabbits, 35 field mice, 3 badgers, 6 owls and 1 fox watching also.

Posted by: Bono546 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 08:13

Don't forget the mudjacks which are prolific in this part of Bedfordshire

Date: 18 September, 2017 05:29

The attendance has now been corrected in Statbunker.

Date: 18 September, 2017 16:00

Quote:
OldNick
That must be a first. Pleased.

Date: 18 September, 2017 17:31

Quote:
Kimbo
Quote:
OldNick
That must be a first. Pleased.

Not at all. There were three occasions I contacted them (well, him, as it seems to be a one man band except for data entry) regarding last season's stats, and all three times they were update eventually.

One didn't get fixed until into the closed season mind you.

Posted by: elmo's hero's (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2017 18:49

I was looking through statbunker at our players and apparently we have a Tom preece playing for us.
I am sure I saw a tom price somewhere in Cov,s list of players.
Maybe they got jack preece and tom price mixed up.

Date: 18 September, 2017 19:06

Tom Preece, a New Zealander, played a few games for us a couple of seasons ago in the back row. He was inured early in the season at Loughborough and was later signed by London Irish.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net