Current Page: 1 of 2
Latest Score
Posted by: timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 15:47

Half Time score is Loughborough Students 10 Coventry 12

Re: Latest Score
Posted by: tom snr (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 16:01

albion and ampthill both lost. final score DMP 33 19 Bheath bp win for Park.

Date: 10 February, 2018 16:11

Cov lead by 19-10. Tries by Brazier, Dacres and Matoto. Luff were awarded a penalty try

Date: 10 February, 2018 16:22

Converted try for Luff. 17-19

Date: 10 February, 2018 16:29

Luff converted, then Stokes with a converted try. 31-24 to Cov now

Date: 10 February, 2018 16:48

Full time, Coventry win 31-24

Posted by: Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 16:48

Final score!!

Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 18:21

I was trying to update Rolling Maul, with limited success.

And, I've just summed it up from my POV on there, and will just put part of that summation here:

Kudos to Students (and yes, I believe they were mostly students today).

Maybe Cov have forgotten how to play on a decent surface; I don't know, but something wasn't working today.

Good to see Heath Stevens getting a few minutes after his prolonged injury. Looked like he hadn't been away.

I'll steer right away from the referee's performance though.

IF they were a genuine students team, as was asserted at the ground, then they should stick to it, as I really don't see that they need too much of Leicester's help.

Good to be home though, and fingers warmed with a cuppa, and no more foul-ups with the phone's keyboard and my shocking close-up eyesight!
(Sm14)

Posted by: BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 19:15

The students ( only the 15 stood out as anything but) played the wind much better than we did. Largely the box kicking second half was the right choice but executed poorly, with a poor chase. We seemed a little too flat in the backs and once again on the artificial surface missed too many firsttime tackles. We dominated up front but it wasn’t until big Sam came on did we look dominant in the backs.

The referee started correctly, if controversially, with a yellow card and penalty try for a ‘deliberate ‘ knock on ( as the rules are applied... it was a genuine attempt at the interception) but after that was a horror story of bizarre decisions or non-decisions, James Stokes being taken out in the air resulting in nothing but a penalty, and a clearly targeted headshot on ( I think ) Matoto as he scored not even being noticed.

Regardless, the Students played well, Cov didn’t but it’s 5 points and on to the next one

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 19:54

Big Sam? Am I missing something?

Posted by: John Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 20:25

Sam came on to the bench, with George Oram damaging a calf in the warm up

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 20:38

Thanks John. Good to see the big man back...

Posted by: Diesel74 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 21:14

I don't know whether my little blog strikes a chord

[wordpress.com]

The agony of the armchair supporter.

It must take some getting used to, the artificial pitch, especially after two mudbaths at BPA. If we're playing poorly and getting bonus point wins, do you know, I think I'll take that.

But we're tons better than that and need to play at our best. Twenty one down, nine to go.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 22:13

We got maximum points out of a stuttering performance today. But a tough run of away games are on the horizon, DMP, Caldy and Plymouth; they really are key games where we need big solid performances.

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 23:41

Quote:
BackTenRef?
The referee started correctly, if controversially, with a yellow card and penalty try for a ‘deliberate ‘ knock on ( as the rules are applied... it was a genuine attempt at the interception)

You yourself say it - it was a genuine two handed attempt by Brett to catch the ball . On thse grounds th correct (and totally uncontrovrsial decision) would have been a scrum to Students about 10m out. To be deliberate, it has to be deliberate,

Posted by: covkid53 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 23:52

With respect to you guys, a 4G+ pitch turns matches into an extended 7's game. Its all about movement and throwing the ball about. Students train and play on this surface in training 5 times a week and half their league games. Obviously they were up for playing top dogs and pushed themselves harder than against anyone else this season. Cov dug deep and ground it out, let's take the positives and the points and move on. I think the upcoming away games will seal our season.

Posted by: titchywinger (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 01:13

Spot on Covkid. Cov have been playing in the mud for a month yet today , on an artificial pitch, Rowland Winter and the coaches and our fantastic players have come through with another 5 points.Marvelous.

Posted by: Straightout (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 06:37

Loughborough haven beaten Blackheath away this season and drew with Ampthill away last week Who have a near faultless record at home. So a good win without playing well. I do think we need to brace ourselves for a defeat or even two in the trio of fixtures away of Darlington, Ampthill, caldy and Plymouth..all v hard games and it’s there cup final. I am not being negative but we have sneaked a couple of wins on the road against mid table teams and I don’t believe we are as far ahead as Hartbury were last year where it was almost guaranteed they would win every game home or away. We are capable of winning them but it will take a monumental effort to win all 4. 2 out 4 will see us win the title if we win all the others but it will be interesting to see if maybe have another level when we need it most and the international experience of people like Sam and Luke kicks in when we really need it. I think when the Darlington game was cancelled I sensed a real determination from the squad and supporters ahead of that game. That will be needed again as they are clearly a v v good team. Heath Stevens back is also a key plus as he is a massive defender for us

Posted by: Straightout (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 06:46

Excuse my typing in the dark ha ha. Loughborough have beaten blackheath away that was meant to say and 4 v tough games away not trio!

Posted by: BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 08:27

Quote:
OldNick
Quote:
BackTenRef?
The referee started correctly, if controversially, with a yellow card and penalty try for a ‘deliberate ‘ knock on ( as the rules are applied... it was a genuine attempt at the interception)

You yourself say it - it was a genuine two handed attempt by Brett to catch the ball . On thse grounds th correct (and totally uncontrovrsial decision) would have been a scrum to Students about 10m out. To be deliberate, it has to be deliberate,

The guidance is that there must be a realistic chance of catching the ball, he was at full stretch and off the ground and got fingertips to it.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net