Jack Willis
Posted by: Moosemagic (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2018 11:15

Been named in the England squad for tour of SA.

Well done Jack.

Phil Reynolds

Re: Jack Willis
Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2018 11:39

Very well deserved IMO.

Posted by: abdabs (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2018 20:05

He was on the BBC rugby podcast this week and came across as a very level headed individual who clearly has the ability to become one of the best in the England set up. Always put in a shift when he played for Cov and wish him well - maybe he will come back to the proper team in Cov one day!!

Date: 19 May, 2018 15:59

Here's hoping that the injury to Jack today in the playoffs is not as bad as it looked. Twisted knee badly and could wreck his first tour as an England player. Fingers crossed this will not be a setback for him.

Posted by: Teddy60 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2018 18:14

I was there today & had a chat with Alex Lozowski after the game. Sadly I donít think itís looking good for Jack. He was the subject of a big tackle in the 10th minute and seemed to carry a knock to his left leg for the rest of the game. Then he suffered that smash to his right knee. He is such a good prospect that I donít feel this will end his chances. Letís hope Iím wrong and he tours!

Posted by: Moosemagic (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2018 12:26

sadly it is being reported that he could be out for 12 months with multiple knee ligament damage

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2018 12:37

Sad to see.

Ugo Monye's comments on 4G pitches should raise some worries and I hope those at BPA give the idea serious investigation before going down that route. Personally I'd much prefer a hybrid pitch - a good one not like the one at the Ricoh.

Date: 23 May, 2018 11:15

Real blow for him. He is still young and hopefully will come back stronger after such a layoff. It was noted that he had a lot of studs on for such a pitch and that they got stuck in the pitch....worrying if this is what happens on such pitches?.

Posted by: Egg Timer (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2018 12:06

That's one of the reasons football banned the use of blades on pitches - they were seen o be causing all sort of knee ligament injuries.

Posted by: Teddy60 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2018 15:17

I was sitting next to ex Saracens/New York Jets player Hayden Smith at last saturday's play off game v Wasps. I asked him whether he preferred playing on a grass pitch or the 4G. No hesitation in going for 4G. At the 1st premiership game Saracens ever played on their 4G pitch I asked Michael Lynagh the same question. The same answer. Back in Aus they play on hard ďgrassĒ surfaces & they would prefer the consistency of the 4G. I think the injuries are possibly caused to those who donít normally play on the Ďconsistentí 4G. Also some of these burns issues that have been highlighted would be down to pitches not being properly looked after.
My sonís old club Maidenhead has had some 6 seasons on their artificial pitch. They currently play in SW Premier. In their first season there were a few breaks but since then nothing out of the ordinary reported.
It would be good to see all the stats laid out before rushing to a conclusion. However as far as a fabulous community facility there is no question that it works.

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2018 19:35

When Jack has recovered from his injury be nice to see him back at Cov as part of his recovery

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2018 09:39

Such a shame he has missed out through injury. Hopefully Hannah and her team can help him recover.

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2018 10:17

Quote:
HoboAl
Such a shame he has missed out through injury. Hopefully Hannah and her team can help him recover.

I think Wasps may have their own physio team!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net