Harry Walker question
Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 12:18

Was Harry Walker ever a publican in Coventry? . I overhead a conversation and the question came up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 12:47 by Mick J Shaw.

Re: Harry Walker question
Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 12:27

Not sure about the Monday part but I believe he once ran 'The Grapes'...

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 13:16

Quote:
Rob C
Not sure about the Monday part but I believe he once ran 'The Grapes'...
I don't know where Monday come from I'm getting old you know, I have corrected my earlier post. Thanks for the information Rob

Posted by: Roger Fox (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 09:35

Memories are fading as to the detail but I believe he did run a club on or near Lythalls Lane.

Posted by: Jean H (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2018 08:25

My husband who has been a Cov supporter for about 70 years(he's not realy sure)he first met Harry when he's was an apprentice and worked at The Old Hall in Lythals lane and he was the landlord.He also met him again at The Grapes on the Radford Road where he was once again the landlord.Hope this answered Mick's original question.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net