Sky game Oct 27th...
Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2018 11:54

With the home game v Carnegie being televised, itís going to be interesting to see how they set it all up. When was the last time a Cov game was live on TV? Also, does anyone think thereíll be an impact on the attendance at all?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2018 12:01 by Wazeroonie.

Re: Sky game Oct 27th...
Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2018 12:48

It'll be set up with the cameras on the Broomfield side of the ground pointing towards the main grandstand.
Judging by the setup at Richmond a week back, they'll need an area of carpark space sufficient for three large articulated lorries, and a few other vehicles, so probably half the parking onthat side of the ground.

It'll make no difference to my attendance. That game has to be a good chance for 5 more points, even if YC are recruiuting hard to save themselves.

Posted by: Bono546 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2018 13:30

Think the last time we were on tele was against Bristol in the first ever televised Championship game. Cov scored a brilliant try through Joey Carlisle who funnily enough I spoke to at the Richmond game.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2018 19:21

Let's all get down there and make a lot of noise, make people realise what a great club Coventry are. Let's show them real Coventrians support a traditional Coventry team. If that upsets anyone tough.....Gwan Cov!!

Posted by: Roger Fox (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 07:57

Quote:
HoboAl
Let's all get down there and make a lot of noise, make people realise what a great club Coventry are. Let's show them real Coventrians support a traditional Coventry team. If that upsets anyone tough.....Gwan Cov!!

Go for it Al. Have a great day and fingers crossed for a great win.

Posted by: erick richardson (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 08:42

Just a note, as Nick has stated there will be a camera on a scaffolding tower on one side of the score board. There will be a further 4 cameras around the ground 1 in each corner as well as 1 being used free hand up and down the touch line on the stand side. SO the up shot is there will be NO public parking inside the ground on that day, I have been told by Sky that there will be 2/3 large trucks and up to 20 cars in their set up. So we could be tight on parking space, SO come early have a bite to eat and enjoy the day.

Posted by: timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 17:55

Am I correct in thinking there will be a video ref for this fixture?

Date: 17 October, 2018 18:44

Quote:
timdouglas1

No, I dont't think so as all games have to be equal in any one league or competition.

Date: 23 October, 2018 14:34

The officials for Saturday have been announced. As you will see from the list below, there is a TMO listed - or as asked above, a 'video ref'.

Coventry vs Yorkshire Carnegie
Referee: Matthew O'Grady
Assistant referees: Shane Lewis, Steve Lee
Assessor: Wayne Barnes
Television match official: Geoffrey Warren (Sky TV Match)
Coach: Peter Huckle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2018 14:35 by OldNick.

Posted by: Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2018 07:04

Barnesy won't be joining us unfortunately - he's the match reviewer, not assessor, but I'm looking forward to seeing my other old mates.

Posted by: Gitto's Mate (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2018 15:53

Quote:
erick richardson
Just a note, as Nick has stated there will be a camera on a scaffolding tower on one side of the score board. There will be a further 4 cameras around the ground 1 in each corner as well as 1 being used free hand up and down the touch line on the stand side. SO the up shot is there will be NO public parking inside the ground on that day, I have been told by Sky that there will be 2/3 large trucks and up to 20 cars in their set up. So we could be tight on parking space, SO come early have a bite to eat and enjoy the day.

Do we all get to go into "makeup" pre match too?

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2018 15:58

Hopefully weíll still get a decent turnout would imagine itíll be sub 2,000 tv & CCFC at home.

Be good of the club to give away tickets to clubs minis to maybe try and make the stand look even more full!?

I guess as well someone will have the job of switching the advertising hoardings over to the main stand side or has this match attracted more sponsors?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2018 17:35 by CovBlueLou.

Date: 25 October, 2018 17:27

We haven't had the bump we deserve, because too many are loved up with Wasps. But a tide turns slowly; we will come good in the end.

Date: 25 October, 2018 19:16

Re advertising, it was noticeable tonight that there are a load of banners along the back wall of the stand behind the seating above the press bench Etc.

The staff tower is up by the scoreboard for the main cameras. And there are additional mounting bars keys in place by the four corners.

Posted by: covglaws (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 13:20

Quote:
HoboAl
Quote:
timdouglas1

No, I dont't think so as all games have to be equal in any one league or competition.

Not so, I'm afraid. Until recently some prem games didn't have TMO ( if not televised). Not all European Challenge Cup games are, it's a mixture.

You never know, they may be a TMO.

Date: 26 October, 2018 13:25

Coventry vs Yorkshire Carnegie
Referee: Matthew O'Grady
Assistant referees: Shane Lewis, Steve Lee
Television match official: Geoffrey Warren (Sky TV Match)
Coach: Peter Huckle

Date: 27 October, 2018 07:25

Quote:
covglaws
Quote:
HoboAl
Quote:
timdouglas1

Not so, I'm afraid. Until recently some prem games didn't have TMO ( if not televised). Not all European Challenge Cup games are, it's a mixture.

You never know, they may be a TMO.

Cheers for the clarification I didn't realise that. It's almost giving certain games a different set of rules. Or at least the opportunity to revisit certain rules.

Posted by: Leo (IP Logged)
Date: 27 October, 2018 11:51

I'll be watching you !!(Sm159)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net