Current Page: 1 of 2
Five week ban for London Scottish player for striking Andy Bulumakau to head with elbow
Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 10:22

Summary of details on line at Championship website.

Re: Five week ban for London Scottish player for striking Andy Bulumakau to head with elbow
Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 12:55

im glad justice has seen to be served .Shame none of the officials saw it happen at the time but i feel vindicated in enlightning the officials at the time as well as mentioning it in my take on the match on sunday . Totally calculated piece of play by the red head.

Re: Five week ban for London Scottish player for striking Andy Bulumakau to head with elbow
Posted by: Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 13:37

When did it happen (I missed it)

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 14:01

Panel said "in an off the ball incident and the panel found that the player had unnecessarily raised his body into the contact." But no aggravating factors???? I think the panel have stated two havent they? Off the ball and unnecessary!

Still have to accept justice is done. But seems unfair Boulton got 7 weeks for accidental but reckless finger contact to a players eye and Ludlow got 4 weeks for recklessly stamping on a prone Wasp players head.

Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 15:53

It's all about admittance of guilt.
Even if you're not guilty.
All wrong.

Posted by: Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 16:01

Quote:
Kimbo
All wrong.

In fairness if you admit guilt you're unlikely to be found not guilty.

My advice is to anyone going up in front of the board is to turn States' evidence straight away and avoid the chair.

Yours,

Tarara Boom. DA.

Posted by: Glass Half Full 3 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 16:15

..."As a result of the ongoing injury to the Coventry player"...

What injury does Andy have and out for how long?

Sounds like plenty from the Monday night Development Game put their hands up for inclusion.

Maybe Heath will slot back in if Sam "does plastic"?

Posted by: timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 18:07

When Sam Tuitoupou smacked Darren Fox of Cambridge, there was footage available to view. Is there any footage available of the indiscretions of Phil Boulton and Rory Jennings so we can all draw our own conclusions?

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 18:37

Quote:
timdouglas1
When Sam Tuitoupou smacked Darren Fox of Cambridge, there was footage available to view. Is there any footage available of the indiscretions of Phil Boulton and Rory Jennings so we can all draw our own conclusions?

[www.englandrugby.com]

Date: 17 October, 2018 18:42

Quote:
Glass Half Full 3
..."As a result of the ongoing injury to the Coventry player"...
What injury does Andy have and out for how long?

Sounds like plenty from the Monday night Development Game put their hands up for inclusion.

Maybe Heath will slot back in if Sam "does plastic"?

Concussion, very doubtful for Saturday...a third aggravating factor, but apparently there are none?

Date: 17 October, 2018 19:30

Thank you for that Cov Blue Lou. I suppose I am wearing blue and white tinted glasses here, but what I saw looked very inconclusive. Maybe Phil was reckless, but was he going for the ball? I guess the decision has now been made, and accepted, so now we move on

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 19:42

Quote:
timdouglas1
Thank you for that Cov Blue Lou. I suppose I am wearing blue and white tinted glasses here, but what I saw looked very inconclusive. Maybe Phil was reckless, but was he going for the ball? I guess the decision has now been made, and accepted, so now we move on

Youíre welcome, Iím struggling to see anything conclusive.

Interesting to watch the other incidents over the years, always interesting to hear the officials communication as well.

Date: 17 October, 2018 19:43

Quote:
timdouglas1

Yes inconclusive and a 7 week ban yet this was just 4 weeks [www.englandrugby.com]

Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 20:34

The Macclesfield citing on the RFU site was a three week ban for a player accidentally running into the referee, who was obviously standing in the wrong place. Crazy, but rules are rules.

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2018 09:08

Quote:
Cov_InPeace
Quote:
Kimbo
All wrong.

In fairness if you admit guilt you're unlikely to be found not guilty.

My advice is to anyone going up in front of the board is to turn States' evidence straight away and avoid the chair.

Yours,

Tarara Boom. DA.

Don't, whatever you do, get off lightly and then tweet 'What a joke' straight after the hearing...

Posted by: Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2018 16:59

Quote:
Rob C

Don't, whatever you do, get off lightly and then tweet 'What a joke' straight after the hearing...

Good player, bit daft though. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh. smiling smiley

Date: 11 November, 2018 19:35

The disciplinary report, including some very clear video is now online.

[www.englandrugby.com]

Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 20:36

thats exactly how i remember it, out in the open..no subtlety

Date: 12 November, 2018 05:28

I know I am going over old ground here, but this was a blatant deliberate act, and Phil Boulton's offence looked like an attempt to win the ball. Some of the rules here really do have you scratching your head and make you wonder. Oh well, it is in the past now, so we move on

Date: 12 November, 2018 11:20

I think Tim it's fair to say that this was considered. The attack on Andy was treated as being in the high-end band when the level of punishment was determined (although it seems extrememly generous to have put it on the bottom mark of the high end, and then reducing it by 50% for mitigating circumstances.)
Phil's punishmenet was put in the miod range band for that offence, and rewduced by nearly as much.

Where I do believe it is out of kilter, is that the punishment band for eye injury is much more severe than the band for head injuries, while the concern that is being expressed for head injuries is receiving much more attention these days. To my mind the punishment band for head injuries should be of the same order of magnitude as for eye injuries. In that case a high entry point incident causing concussion would have received a longer ban.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net