league gets closer
Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 18:27

Jersey beat london irish 17 to 14 , with london irish leading at half time. Maybe Irishes accommodation still wasnt up to speck, in this rearranged game.

Re: league gets closer
Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 19:04

After losing their first three games this season, Jersey have done well to regroup and win their last six on the bounce. I know they are an established Champ club - but with something like 15 players leaving in the summer and 17 arriving, they have certainly adapted better as a squad so far than Coventry have at the moment.

Posted by: TryBlues (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 19:34

Quote:
Wazeroonie
After losing their first three games this season, Jersey have done well to regroup and win their last six on the bounce. I know they are an established Champ club - but with something like 15 players leaving in the summer and 17 arriving, they have certainly adapted better as a squad so far than Coventry have at the moment.

Don't forget Jersey have coaches and players who know the league. Coventry only have Nick Walshe who was with Bedford 7 years ago. A lot of your players haven't played Championship rugby or it has been several years since they have and they are having to learn how teams play and the higher standard than they were used to in ND1.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 20:09

Quote:
Wazeroonie

Jersey are an established Championship side. Many of our successful squad last year have little or no Championship experience. Those who have joined us still have to intergrate settle and find form.

I am not sure what some of our fans expect? A big step up and the best start from a promoted side for years but some fans seem to be intent on bumping their gums. I think we have had about 20 players join (although some obviously to boost the development side and are for the future.

Date: 03 November, 2018 21:59

Quote:
TryBlues
Quote:
Wazeroonie

Don't forget Jersey have coaches and players who know the league. Coventry only have Nick Walshe who was with Bedford 7 years ago. A lot of your players haven't played Championship rugby or it has been several years since they have and they are having to learn how teams play and the higher standard than they were used to in ND1.

I certainly take all you have said on board, but I was (probably poorly) talking more about how the Jersey squad might have gelled together in order to get the run of results they have.

Date: 03 November, 2018 22:35

Quote:
HoboAl
Quote:
Wazeroonie

Jersey are an established Championship side. Many of our successful squad last year have little or no Championship experience. Those who have joined us still have to intergrate settle and find form.

I am not sure what some of our fans expect? A big step up and the best start from a promoted side for years but some fans seem to be intent on bumping their gums. I think we have had about 20 players join (although some obviously to boost the development side and are for the future.

1- I did say in my post that Jersey are an established Champ side, you re-mention this for some reason. You either havenít properly read my post or you are trying to make out that I donít already know this. Very poor.

2- You quote my post, but donít direct anything to me. I wasnít Ďbumping my gumsí, I was just making an observation that is all. You donít agree with it and that is fine, i have no problem with that whatsoever. Iíd happily have a discussion with anyone about something Iíve posted. However attempting to belittle me on here is immature at best. Iím not having it Iím afraid - and is maybe why more people donít post their thoughts and feelings about Cov on here.

Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 08:08

Well said wazeroonie. You are quite right about people being reluctant to post..especially when you actually look at the regular posters as opposed to the views even with repeat viewing.

Posted by: TryBlues (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 12:15

Quote:
Wazeroonie
Quote:
TryBlues
Quote:
Wazeroonie

I certainly take all you have said on board, but I was (probably poorly) talking more about how the Jersey squad might have gelled together in order to get the run of results they have.

I understand that but Jersey have experience of this every year as well. They seem very good at developing huge forwards who get picked up by the Premiership. They also had 3 away games to start the season off.

Coventry are probably exceeding expectations. Also don't be surprised if teams like Knights over take you in the 2nd half of the season and you end up a couple more places lower.

1st season is always about survival, you're currently performing like most other clubs do in year 2 or 3. Look at Richmond and Hartpury, they domination ND1 but still find themselves at the bottom of the league several years on.

Posted by: Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 20:46

Quote:
bigm/ mark harrison.
Well said wazeroonie. You are quite right about people being reluctant to post..especially when you actually look at the regular posters as opposed to the views even with repeat viewing.

I don't know whether people are reluctant to post or not, though the board's certainly been accused of that before.

I don't want everyone to agree with everything (unless it's with me because I'm always right, obviously), but it would be nice for everyone to remain civil.

If you're in any doubt as to what that means - try the Matt Price Test before posting.

Imagine that you're stood next to Matt Price at the bar, and you disagree strongly with something that he's just said. How carefully are you going to frame your disagreement? OK then. smiling smiley

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 19:14

Quote:
Wazeroonie
Quote:
HoboAl
Quote:
Wazeroonie

1- I did say in my post that Jersey are an established Champ side, you re-mention this for some reason. You either havenít properly read my post or you are trying to make out that I donít already know this. Very poor.

2- You quote my post, but donít direct anything to me. I wasnít Ďbumping my gumsí, I was just making an observation that is all. You donít agree with it and that is fine, i have no problem with that whatsoever. Iíd happily have a discussion with anyone about something Iíve posted. However attempting to belittle me on here is immature at best. Iím not having it Iím afraid - and is maybe why more people donít post their thoughts and feelings about Cov on here.

1. Yes you did mention Jersey were an established side, but you suggested they had settled better with new players coming in than Coventry, who aren't established at this level and had an equal amount coming in?

2. Yes I did quote your post as I thought it was of interest. You are right I didn't direct anything at you because I was opening it up to general observations and things I have heard in the pub. I never said it was you bumping your gums as you have already alluded to!

I am man enough to apologise if I have caused you offence, because it certainly wasn't intended. I would be amazed if my posts stop others from posting? I might jump in with both feet but then my favourite players have been Lee Crofts, Matt Price, Latu Makaafi and Phil Nilsen...it's what is on the tin Gwan Cov!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 19:18 by HoboAl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net