bpa lack of games
Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 02 December, 2018 09:29

As we approach next weeks Doncaster cup game, it seems incredible that the next home game is not till the 12 january 2019. i wonder when there was such a period of scheduled home fixtures around this time of year before.Nightmare for cash flow and beer ordering etc.Well done to the league again.Completely barmy.

Re: bpa lack of games
Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 18:51

Sorry - this post was accidentally 'held' due to a (temporary) incorrect setting on the forum. Now fixed.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 20:29

Quote:
bigm/ mark harrison.
As we approach next weeks Doncaster cup game, it seems incredible that the next home game is not till the 12 january 2019. i wonder when there was such a period of scheduled home fixtures around this time of year before.Nightmare for cash flow and beer ordering etc.Well done to the league again.Completely barmy.

I agree, clubs need cash flow. Sports fans, football or rugby love Christmas and New Years fixtures. Bank Holidays are a rare opportunity for some to watch sport. What better way to enjoy the festivities than a family day out.

Posted by: poplarside (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2018 11:33

Agree. Traditionally Rugby and Football grounds expect large crowds around the festive season. Speaking of which, at the BPA on 26/12/18 there is the Coventry non-league 'derby' football game between Coventry United and Coventry Sphinx.

Posted by: Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2018 12:54

I think the other risk with a gap this big is that the more casual supporters simply get out of the habit of going. It's obviously out of the club's control, but it's very poor planning, imho.

Posted by: Jean H (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2018 17:52

Down to the good "old"RFU again!!!!

Posted by: TryBlues (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2018 19:13

Blues arranged a fixture v Ampthill for Boxing Day, as traditionally league games we would get crowds consistently over 4k. Surprised other clubs did not follow suit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net