Current Page: 1 of 2
Nottingham Nights
Posted by: Unofficial Coventry Rugby (IP Logged)
Date: 02 December, 2018 11:46

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2018 19:50 by AdminBTCov.

Re: Nottingham Nights
Posted by: covkid53 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2018 14:22

900 + crowd at a ground in a city of the size of Nottingham is pathetic and wholly predictable based on the lack of interest for this internal league cup.

A simple knock out would have served the fans better, instead of drawing the process out, by the season end the winners may have played the same opposition 6 times !

From a Cov point of view it's great, because we can bring the whole squad up to championship levels without risking our league status.

Posted by: Mark (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2018 14:31

They hardly get anymore gor a league match so cup or no cup the Nottingham public dont seem to support the club

Posted by: Ben duckworth (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2018 21:52

Quote:
Mark
They hardly get anymore gor a league match so cup or no cup the Nottingham public dont seem to support the club

Iím opening saying Iím a tigers fan, but whenever Tigers arenít playing at home I always try and go and watch Notts at home. Covkid53 is completely correct, the difference in Notts crowds between cup games and league games is clear to see, same with the atmospheres, like when they played Ealing at home, big crowd great atmosphere, but cup games donít have the same effect, thereís nothing behind games. And as for Marks comments they are just completely wrong, I donít whether Mark has ever been to Lady Bay, but to get there you go past 3 massive stadiums (all within a miles radius of the bay) that tend to draw the big crowds from the city, so to get a big crowd for a meaningless game is very difficult. And Iím sure the Notts fans wonít be particularly happy with comments like that Mark.

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2018 23:06

Nottm's Championship average is currently 1210, with a low of 1035, so not all that different really Ben.

Date: 04 December, 2018 23:15

And I'm not entirely convinced that 1397 (v Ealing) can really be described as a 'big' crowd to be honest.
Great result though, which deserved far more witnesses.

Date: 05 December, 2018 08:19

Quote:
AdminBTCov
Nottm's Championship average is currently 1210, with a low of 1035, so not all that different really Ben.
As I said before, try and compete with 2 Football teams, 1 cricket team and an ice hockey team and then we will see how many you get to your matches then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 08:20 by Ben duckworth.

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 09:13

Let's see...
Coventry city - a league level football team.
Wasps, a Premiership rugby team.
Two football teams that play at our own ground,
a top level ice hockey team a very short walk away.
OK - a bit lacking on cricket, but as cricket isn't played at the same time of year as rugby it#'s really irrelevant.

Any other excuses for why so few people watch Nottingham rugby club? Ah yes - their population is lower than Coventyr - but both round to the 300,000.

Date: 05 December, 2018 09:14

Quote:
Ben duckwort hugeh
Quote:
AdminBTCov
As I said before, try and compete with 2 Football teams, 1 cricket team and an ice hockey team and then we will see how many you get to your matches then.

We do. Wasps, Coventry City, Cov Blaze ice hockey ...

It wasnt a criticism of Nottingham rfc just an observation and sad reflection due to lack of appreciation of a great sport, although the resect shown to our kicker by the Notts supporters laughing joking and shouting as he took a kick right by was disgraceful

Date: 05 December, 2018 10:05

Quote:
OldNick
Let's see...
Coventry city - a league level football team.
Wasps, a Premiership rugby team.
Two football teams that play at our own ground,
a top level ice hockey team a very short walk away.
OK - a bit lacking on cricket, but as cricket isn't played at the same time of year as rugby it#'s really irrelevant.

Any other excuses for why so few people watch Nottingham rugby club? Ah yes - their population is lower than Coventyr - but both round to the 300,000.

Ok, lets go more in depth (for the pro teams)-

What Coventry Rugby compete with;
Wasps - Average Attendance around 15,000 - Ricoh Arena
Coventry City - Average Attendance less than 10,000 - Ricoh Arena
Coventry Blaze - Average Attendance around 2 - 3,000 - SkyDome Arena
Rememeber the Ricoh Arena is 4 Miles away from the Butts Park

What Nottingham Rugby have to compete with;
Nottingham Forest - Average Attendance around 30,000 - City Ground (Across the road from The Bay)
Notts County - Average Attendance just less than 10,000 - Meadow Lane (Across the river from The Bay)
Nottingham CCC - Average Attendance around 15,000 to T20 matches - Trent Bridge (Across the road from The Bay)
Notts Panthers - Average Attendance around 10,000 - Motorpoint Arena

So yes its pretty clear to see that Notts have to compete with a lot more than Cov do, and thats probably why Cov get higher attendances than Notts.

Date: 05 December, 2018 10:36

T20 cricket Friday nights in November. Thats hardcore . And Forest av 27000 Notts C 6500 . Panthers 5500 . Season only just starting

Date: 05 December, 2018 10:37

Hang on. I'll just nip and find you a straw.

Date: 05 December, 2018 11:23

Quote:
AdminBTCov
Hang on. I'll just nip and find you a straw.

Much more gentlemanly than pistols

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 11:24 by Mark.

Date: 05 December, 2018 11:37

Quote:
Mark
T20 cricket Friday nights in November. Thats hardcore . And Forest av 27000 Notts C 6500 . Panthers 5500 . Season only just starting

Forests av attendances are definitely not 27000 and assure you of that. Never said cricket was played in November so I donít know what your talking about there, and plus all of the those attendances there are still way more that what you have to compete with, so I donít really know where your going with that comment Mark.?

Date: 05 December, 2018 11:44

I would be more worried about the Tigers than Nottingham the way its going or you may have a right clash of allegiance next season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 11:44 by Mark.

Date: 05 December, 2018 12:04

Quote:
Mark
I would be more worried about the Tigers than Nottingham the way its going or you may have a right clash of allegiance next season.
Donít try and change the subject because youíve just been proved wrong, the Tigers will do what they do, you donít need to worry about them.

Date: 05 December, 2018 12:27

Funnily enough Ben, your rhetoric is somewhat reminiscent of someone else who recently occupied space here.
You keep going though.

Date: 05 December, 2018 12:41

Quote:
AdminBTCov
Funnily enough Ben, your rhetoric is somewhat reminiscent of someone else who recently occupied space here.
You keep going though.

My thoughts exactly... Tri... Oh i cant remember....

And Ben registered 2 days ago when the rainbow stopped

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 12:46 by Mark.

Date: 05 December, 2018 12:44

Quote:
Ben duckworth
Quote:
Mark
Donít try and change the subject because youíve just been proved wrong, the Tigers will do what they do, you donít need to worry about them.

I dont think i have.... The attendance figures of all sports quoted are from national stats not guesstimates.

Date: 05 December, 2018 16:07

Quote:
Mark
Quote:
AdminBTCov
You keep going though.

My thoughts exactly... Tri... Oh i cant remember....

And Ben registered 2 days ago when the rainbow stopped
I can assure you that I am not TriColour, as in a previous thread I was commenting on how rude he/she was, and the reason I registered 2 days ago was because I was reading through the threads on here (like I do with most teams) and I couldnít believe some of the toxicity of the comments that I was reading. As Iíve stated before Iím a Tigers fan, so I thought I would give a neutrals perspective on the game, and from that I got bombarded with comments saying that what I was saying I good view on the game, but in cov fans eyes, wrong. And that is what is exactly happening here, Mark made A comment that was not true, and I just stepped in to correct him with some facts, but again I get replyís saying Iím basically wrong. I have NEVER come across a fans forum that is as toxic as this before, both in prem and champ.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net